1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Monster Comeback at Mandalay Bay

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by UKFanatic, Oct 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Originally, I was not planning to write a TR for this trip. After all, its a quick one (two nights) and how many times can people really read about my playing blackjack, betting sports, and eating food. It feels repetitive. But I had some excellent fortune on this trip and wanted to share. So read on ....

Got into Vegas yesterday morning and checked in at Mandalay Bay. Host gave me the "island" suite, which is the same one I have stayed in the past couple times here. I am right below Foundation Room with a tremendous room. MB, however, is just dead. I noticed a lot of the usual convention goers (especially this morning), but very few gamblers (at least during the day). I have only seen two other people gambling in the high limit room this trip, other than me.

A couple observations before I get to the really good stuff. Had lunch yesterday at Burger Bar and it was excellent as always. And since I strive to try something new every trip, I went to dinner at RM Seafood. Overall, it was a disappointment. The sushi at Kumi is much better and the other food I had was only average. Considering the price, I expected better. Well, I will be having lunch at my favorite Vegas Mexican restaurant in an hour or two, so its all good.

Bet on the Astros last night. Felt very certain of the wager after the second home run. I really want to bet the game tonight, but I don't like the line. My prediction is Cubs 3, Pirates 2. But the Cubs are -135. For me, that's too much juice for a game that I think will be very close. Assumed I would be able to bet the under instead, but the line right now is at five and a half runs. Again, too close for me. Will save my money to place some NFL bets before I leave town.

Alright, on to the good stuff. I wrote in another TR recently how I had experienced a good run of gambling luck the past two months and thought I might be able to pull even by the end of the year. I would be happy just to get close because at my nadir, I was down over $230k for the year. Worse, at my best, I was up $140k. So I basically had a four hundred thousand dollar swing through the spring and summer. Two months ago, I would have been thrilled to get my loss down to five figures by the end of the year. But a couple good runs in Tunica combined with good runs recently at Ari and Cosmo, and my dream of pulling even for the year seemed possible. Well, I completed that comeback this morning!!!

Bought in yesterday morning at the MB double deck table and never looked back! Had a monster run yesterday and this morning. Bets varied from $500 to $4500 a hand, but most of them were $500 or $1000. Fortunately, I won almost every time I pressed. And I am up $70k for the past twenty-four hours, which puts me up a whopping five hundred bucks for the year, lol. I will take it! :banana:

Actually, the most exciting hand, I lost. This morning, I bet a grand and was dealt two 3s. The dealer showed a 6. So I split. Eventually, I ended up splitting to four hands and doubled down on two of them. So I had six grand on the table and, actually, not very good hands. Tons of little cards. My best hand of the four was a 17. Still, the dealer had a 6 and I was expecting a lot of large cards. Then the dealer turns another 6 to make 12. I'm ok. I know a 10 is coming. Dealer gets a 2 to make 14. Still ok .... I think. you know what comes next. Dealer gets a 7 to make 21. :thumbsdown: Still, I won the next four hands in a row and won it all back quickly. Just a great run for the past day. Never had to buy in after my initial marker.

So I am still in town til tomorrow morning and don't want to gamble much. I plan to leave this trip on a high note. After lunch I will head to the spa and then I am headed to mid-strip to cash a bunch of sports tickets and hang out. Might grab dinner at Lago at Bellagio. But for now, just wanted to share the good run with everybody. I will find some way to celebrate tonight!

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  2. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A few pics from the trip

[​IMG]
    My favorite pic! Pure profit!

[​IMG]
    Nice pic of the pyramid

[​IMG]
    The giant sex tub in my bathroom, lol

[​IMG]
    Its been more than a year since I stayed south of MGM, so no idea what this venue is but it is across the street from luxor

[​IMG]
    Nice view

The plans have changed
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Stevie D

Stevie D VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats UK

4. PayTriple

PayTriple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awesome! Now don't give it back!
    I also bet on the Astros last night. I'm rolling the winnings into a Cubs bet today. Arrieta is awesome!

5. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great win UK and congrats! Do you have any pics of the room that you can post?

6. SW

SW Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
  7. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like it. I think Cubs should win. Like I said, just not a fan of that juice

- - - Updated - - -

Only the tub at the moment, but I will take and post some later

The plans have changed
  8. Jordan

Jordan Caveman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fantastic win fella...

9. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dunno what's going on there now, but earlier this year, that's where they held the Finals of "American Ninja Warrior".

Silly Cubs fans and "Back to the Future" faith are screwing the line.

Nice win! And nice job on the comeback!

10. emmas

emmas VIP Whale

Congratulations on the huge comeback for the year.

I need all the luck I can get!
  11. newmans

newmans VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well done! Congrats on the run.

Thanks for posting.

12. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nicely done pal!

13. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Line on the cubs is now -140. Wow

The plans have changed
  14. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another quick tidbit. I know blackjack conditions has been a recent topic of conversation. I can report that the ten and fifteen dollar tables at Mandalay bay are now all 6 to 5 on blackjacks. The twenty five dollar tables still pay 3 to 2. And the high limit still has good rules with a $200 minimum

The plans have changed
  15. pleepleus

pleepleus 2016 - The monkey is back

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats on the come back.

16. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unfortunate to hear. It's sad that CET jumped ahead of MLife this year for low roller/flea tables, imo, just by keeping rules constant.

17. caddy1969

caddy1969 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lock the win in and enjoy the rest of the trip Congrats!!!!

18. vegasvette

vegasvette High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great results for your comeback of the year. And there are still almost three months to take it big on the upside.

Thanks for posting.

19. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A couple of points.

Well, yeah, but which Mexican restaurant is your favorite???? You buried the lead!

Also, I would be interested in seeing some giant sex in that tub.

Congratulations, UK, that must be a great feeling. I am guessing you will indeed book the win and spend the rest of the trip playing quarter Loose Doose. Enjoy!!!

20. boxofbirds

boxofbirds Royally Flushed

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, great comeback!

Not to diminish it, but whenever am down a lot and crawl my way back to even or a small win I always think, "I wish this comeback run was where I started, I would be going home with a huge win!" [Though nothing compared to your level!] :beer:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.