1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Boar's Head bar and Kelli the bartender - gone.

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by Joe, Sep 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My sources tell me Kelli will be gone as of Oct 14th. I know she has several fans on VMB.

For years she wanted to start her own business and I guess it finally happened. She was one of the nicest people at MSS and will be missed. btw, Jose will be taking her shift, so no more great bloody marys on Sat & Sun morning from him.

Too bad, we'll miss saying goodbye by two days.

2. bluesdude

bluesdude VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nooooooooo! She is great! She will be sorely missed. I hope we will have an opportunity to see her this coming weekend to say good-bye. Good luck to her in whatever endeavors she is moving on to.

Dead & Co with my son! June 4 or 5th - June 8th
  3. romstric

romstric Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If Kelli is starting her own business, good for her.

Kelli was the most senior bartender at MSS. Now Jose will be. Wonder if Crystal, who has been the bar back, will be able to move to bartender? I'll be there Oct 21st for a week. Will miss Kelli.

4. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You are correct. Kelli was most senior at MSS. Jose is actually most senior with Boyd because he started at Cal and then moved across the street after MSS opened.

5. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the info Joe.

6. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, eventually they all move on. I tend to get attached to bartenders myself and miss them when they go. But, it's a good excuse to get to know a new bartender too.

Bill

7. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm hoping for Robert the barback to make bartender. He has done all the tests and has his license and just a terrific bar personality. He kind of got screwed when they shut down Stardust and promised him a new job with Echelon. So he has been a barback since at MSS.

8. keno60

keno60 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Best of Luck to Kelli!

9. squidward

squidward Probationary Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Joe, can you hear me crying... who am I going to fantasize about now. First DJ Lady Go Go, now Kelli :cry:

10. retro

retro Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was there last weekend and hearing everyone give congrats to Jose, then talking about they were hoping a bar back (a guy) would get promoted. I just don't know who Kelli is? And I didn't realize Crystal was a bar back, I thought she was a bartender. I've only started playing at MSS this year, so don't know as many people as you guys. I will say this, a little OT, but there is this guy that is there every time I come out, knows everyone, wears a matching khaki hat & pants, still using a flip phone and has all his player card bungeed to his belt. Not that I notice things like that. Joe, is that you?

Meant to be humorous, hope I didn't offend. Seriously I'm about ready to approach the guy because he's so interesting. I did run into a fellow VMBer last trip but I screwed up his phone #, David from San Diego. Great guy, had breakfast with him last week when he pointed out that I had qualified for a free buffet @ MSS. Hope to run into him next week.

11. jimboguy

jimboguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ah yeah, Ronnie (the regular 11pm-7am shift bartender) mentioned that Kelli retired. I like Robert too; a really sincere guy.

12. Mgilmore

Mgilmore Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love Boar's Head Bar, probably my favorite bar in Vegas. Whoever they promote I hope they listen to the other workers that are there. I don't think that I ever met Kelli, but I wish her well. I will say that I was there a couple of times with female bartenders (I don't remember the names), but they didn't come close to Jose.

13. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are two things you will never see on me. A fanny pack and a bungee cord. But I have a flip phone. :evillaugh
    Just a fyi on who's who. The bartenders, both male and female wear vests. The barbacks wear only the black shirts.

14. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can hear it. I figured you were gone from VMB, I haven't seen a post in a long time. It's good to see you're still around. I miss some of your humorous posts.

15. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll go one better - I miss most of Squids humorous posts.

:poke:

Hopefully it will be time to break out the thong again Squid.

16. retro

retro Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh, didn't really pay attention to vests, but do remember Crystal in a black shirt. Amen to the fanny pack & bungee, of course my solution isn't much better, cargo shorts. helps to store sunglasses, phone, etc. but not very fashionable (like anyone cares)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.