1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

TSA ends Pre-Check "Managed Inclusion" (ie. free)

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Chuck2009x, Sep 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
  2. Wezvidz

Wezvidz High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good. I fly about once a month so it was well worth a nominal $80 2 years ago.

Hate getting stuck behind the (usually old) person who's the precheck line for the first time and has no idea what is going on. Yes, put your shoe back on, you can keep it on.

3. Carol1113

Carol1113 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry to hear that as I have gotten pre-check the last 5 times I traveled to Vegas.
    I would go ahead and purchase the Pre-Check as I feel it is worth it--but I don't think there is anywhere even close to us that has the interviews.

4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:

There are two levels (domestic pre-check and the Global thing that also gives PreCheck). One you can do when you pass through one of the airports. I notice you are NC Mtns. Atlanta and Charlotte can help. We were walking by the one in Vegas once and they would have handled it right there, but we needed a passport.

5. chess

chess VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I fly twice a month, so I have TSA Pre... its a no brainer for me :)

6. Carol1113

Carol1113 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks--we usually fly Delta so Atlanta would be an option --Charlotte is over a 3 hour drive. Also will have to send for another copy of the birth certificates as I have no idea where they are right now :confused2:

7. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm glad.

the PreCheck lines had gotten ridiculous.

I first enrolled in Global Entry 4 years ago and was one of the first to get PreCheck.

back then it was great.

there was absolutely no one in line and you breezed through in 2 minutes.

then they started this program and it was like half the airport was in the PreCheck line.

not to mention they then started the policy of "random" checks where they make you go through the x-ray machine or get a pat down.

on Thursday they were pulling so many people for "random" checks that the x-ray line was longer than the regular line.

hopefully it will go back to being more exclusive, they'll get rid of those stupid random checks and it will go back to actually saving you time.

8. chess

chess VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

I agree... I flew out of BWI this past monday, and the TSA-Pre check line was fucking ridiculously long. Id say probably 100 people in it... Ive never seen it that bad ever. I have TSA Pre for alot of reasons, one being work ha ha

9. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like Pre-Check but it is more like no-check, lol.

I noticed my LinkedIn profile had been checked twice by LE, once by someone from Homeland Security and once by some other LE. But both checks were after I had been approved.

10. Carol1113

Carol1113 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did you want the Global level--that would require a passport.
    Also do you know if done at the airport does pre-check go into effect immediately (so you could use it for your flight that day)
    Thanks for your help
    Carol

11. chess

chess VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Be careful with us.....:)

12. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We paid the fee for both of us as soon as TSA opened a Milwaukee office. About two years ago, I think. We fly 6-7 times per year and it was well worth it.

13. aaronw915

aaronw915 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I fly every week CMH-BWI, BWI-ALB and back the same way and I got pre-check and so far it's been great. The only negatives, like others have noted, are the random pre-checks that are flying for the first time and don't know not take off shoes, etc. At CMH it takes me about 3 min to get through security. At ALB the pre-check is closed almost every week so it really doesn't matter. Fucking hate that airport

14. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Glad the randoms are done. Our last Vegas trip my GF went through the regular line and got through faster than me in Pre-Check. Same as other saying, all because one guy didn't understand whether to take shoes on, off, carry or eat them. He was clueless.

15. kollegekreed

kollegekreed Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good. BWI last month had 100+ people in pre-check line and most of them had no idea how to go through it.

16. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The whole "change" makes no sense. They say they want to boost use of the precheck line, but now they are dropping folks. If they were to drop anything, it should be the casual flyer and not the frequent flyers. Will wait and see what happens.

17. tfcoach72

tfcoach72 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

It's pretty simple to me---TSA has realized they are losing money by letting freeloaders in---only let those that paid the $85 or $100 fee for the privilege of PreChek----freeloaders will either pony up or stand in line---that is how it is designed to work----

I really like this place!
  18. GeorgeJ.

GeorgeJ. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think they told me three weeks when I signed up for Pre Check; took about that long for the letter to arrive that had my KTN number (Known Traveler Number) that you need to add to your reservations. But they showed me where to look online and I found that I was approved and it listed my KTN -- that was about 3-4 days.

19. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think it's great that frequent flyers and others for that matter, have the choice of paying extra to get pre screened to avoid the hassles of the sometimes long TSA screening lines.

However, the so called 'freeloaders' don't ask to be assigned to the TSA pre-check status. If randomly assigned 'TSA pre check' appears on the boarding pass, you are told to go through the pre check line. But go ahead and insult all the 'freeloaders' who can't afford or choose not to pay extra. I personally would rather stand in line with courteous, civil passengers than endure the impatient and rude insults thrown about by some in the TSA pre-check line to those who aren't familiar with the procedure or happen to be 'old people'.
    We all prioritize and place a value on our time management and tolerance for waiting - but whatever happened to common courtesy and compassion towards fellow travelers who may not be in the same rush mode as others? When it's all said and done, everyone arrives at his/her destination at the exact same time.

20. Carol1113

Carol1113 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You are so right and I did not like the use of freeloaders---as you said they did not ask for pre-check.
    And what happened to common courtesy---sure don't see it very often anymore.
    Alo I hope they remember that they will be one of those "old people" some day if they are lucky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.