$20 Mandalay Bay/Delano

Discussion in '$20 Trick Section' started by Sonya, Apr 28, 2015.

1. dutchvelvet

dutchvelvet VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually got a free upgrade to Delano/THEhotel.

2. Candydave

Candydave mid-roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't bother with the $20.00 trick at Mandalay. We just got back from there two days ago and were not able to get an upgrade to Delano, even with the $20.00 trick in play. We are Platinum level and are supposed to get a suite upgrade anyways, but have never been able to get upgraded to the Delano. After three hours and a couple of room changes, we were able to get one of the newly remodeled rooms, which was nice, but Mandalay's check in is the worst experience we have ever had checking into a hotel.

3. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Usually the "room upgrade" means a view upgrade.

As for getting upgraded, 2 out of 3 of my stays recently I was upgraded from MB to the Delano just by asking.

4. dutchvelvet

dutchvelvet VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Me too. Always been upgraded.

I think your experience probably has something to do with it being a Fight weekend.

5. Candydave

Candydave mid-roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I didn't think about it being a Fight weekend. That could have been the problem. The funny thing was the first clerk I talked to said he could upgrade me to Delano for $40.00 extra per night but the next clerk said they were all full. In both cases I had the $20.00 in plain view. It all worked out okay though, because I actually like the new remodeled rooms at Mandalay.

6. h0llywood

h0llywood VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What time did you check in? I checked in at MB on 09/11/15 at 10:00 a.m. I had reserved a basic room at MB and was offered an upgrade to the upgraded/remodeled room for free but I told the lady if there was anything else she can do. She was very friendly and offered me not only an upgrade to Delano but a King with view for only $30.00. Considering I only reserved a basic MB room and was upgraded for only $30 to a high floor with a view on fight night weekend, I thought that was a great deal.

I didn't do the $20 sandwhich instead told her that I would appreciate it if she bought herself some lunch. She was greatly ecstatic to take it.

She also gave me a host's card to put us on the guestlist to get into the Foundation Room which was nice.

7. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They do look nice. How much of the bathroom did they redo? I was just reading on Vegas Tripping that not much of the bathroom changed from the changeover to Delano. as for the new Mandalay Bay rooms on one of my last trips I asked about staying in one of the new rooms and they wanted an extra $20 or $30 a night... wasn't really worth it to me.

8. Candydave

Candydave mid-roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We checked in on Thursday 9/10 at 1:00. I usually don't try checking in earlier because they usually don't have rooms available. We first started at the Gold/Platinum line, which is where the clerk said it would be an extra $40.00 a night for Delano. I declined because he assured me we would be getting a suite upgrade at Mandalay. When we got to the room, it was not a remodeled room, or a suite and it had probably the worst view ever. Our window was level with the roof and we had a lovely view of the roof. I went back down and just got in the regular line and got a different clerk to explain everything. She apologized and said she could get us a nice room on the 32nd floor and that they would call us when the room was ready. At 4:00 I went back to check in to see if the room was ready, and the clerk apologized again that no one had called me because the room had actually been ready for a while. He suggested a newly remodeled room on the 13th floor instead of the higher floor room, which we took. I will post pictures of the newly remodeled rooms. I liked the new decor. I guess the thing about the whole process that bothers me is I'm always super nice when making the reservations, and with the clerks, and I was totally willing to tip with good service. Even with all the issues, we did get a newly remodeled room, but not a fantastic view or a true suite. Anyways, here are some pictures of the updated rooms. IMG_1268.jpg IMG_1270.jpg IMG_1271.jpg IMG_1272.jpg

9. Candydave

Candydave mid-roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    More Pictures of the remodeled Mandalay Rooms

IMG_1267.jpg IMG_1265.jpg IMG_1269.jpg

10. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The room looks nice. I'm split on the bathroom (not feeling the wallpaper). Looks like they did away with the peek-a-book bathroom feature.

11. pressitagain

pressitagain VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anything is better than the worn down rooms that they used to have.

Can't wait till all the rooms have been remodeled!!!

12. amanty

amanty Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just booked a "Deluxe Room" through MyVegas on Thursday in November during SEMA week. Looking forward to trying the $20 trick.
    Looking for an updated room, upgrade to suite, or upgrade to Delano.

I

13. Sheil813

Sheil813 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am going there in June and will try this - I've never stayed there before though so wondering what I should ask for in an upgrade - I think I have a King room... would love to have a view if any??

14. Sheil813

Sheil813 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  15. h0llywood

h0llywood VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does anyone know what "upgrades" are to be offered at Delano? I have 2 King Suite reservations and would like to have them connected.

Aside from strip view upgrades, what else is offered at the Delano?

16. Roo

Roo Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just returned from Vegas checking in a Mandalay put a $20 dollar bill on counter with ID & credit card. I asked for any possible upgrades. I had booked a deluxe queen room at MB and was upgraded to a queen suite at the Delano. Yes I was very happy and loved the Delano. So 100% worked for me.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
  17. tonysb8

tonysb8 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Excellent! Glad you had success with that & thanks for sharing!

18. Sheil813

Sheil813 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am hoping for the same treatment!

19. Sheil813

Sheil813 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Woo hoo! this is exactly what I am going to do! I am just hoping that it isn't full...

20. kiprobalom

kiprobalom Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've booked a 2 night special on MyVegas to Mandalay Bay. The day before checkin I've received an offer to have an upgrade to Delano for 10$ + tax a night.
    So for 2 nights, it is basically a 20$ trick but without the trick itself :D

It was fantastic - though the room was not ready until 8 pm, the TV was not working the first night and the fresh air vents were not closing, causing the suite on the 37th floor to be very windy all night. All these resulted in the waive of the resort fee :)