1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

TR Visa Credit Card: Platinum

Discussion in 'Comps' started by kansaisupra, Aug 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kansaisupra

kansaisupra Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry this is a very rookie question but I just wanted to make sure.

So right now I am gold with 1271 Tier Credits. If I apply for this Visa card, I would automatically get to Platinum correct? So if I did, I am guessing then I would have 5000 tier credits?

So my last question is, since it is August 31st today, and lets say by December 31st, i do not reach diamond. When January 1st 2016 rolls around, what tier level would I be at assuming I still have the TR Visa card? Back to Gold or still at Platinum?

Thanks
    Leonard

2. TriggerMN

TriggerMN The Norwegian Hammer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you apply for the credit card, you automatically become platinum. You would stay at 1271 tier credits though. The 5000 is for people who do not have the credit card. Therefore, there's really no perk for you to get to 5000 tier credits.

On January 1st, your tier credits go back to 0. However, you will remain platinum as long as your credit card is active.

We've yet to reach diamond based on our play, and we go about 3-4 times per year. Having the CC has helped immensely though with skipping lines for check-in, buffets, and cage visits.

3. kansaisupra

kansaisupra Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gotcha thanks Trigger

So if I wanted to hit Diamond, how much more would I need to hit?

Is it 15,000 - 1271 = 13729 to reach diamond if I get the TR Card? Even though I would be at Platinum.

Or an easier question on January 1st 2016, I would be Platinum with Zero Tier Credits, How many Tier credits would it take to get to Diamond? 10,000 or 15,000?

4. newmans

newmans VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The credit card does not give you any tier credits. You need to earn 15000 tier credits in a calendar year to earn Diamond. The credit card gives you Platinum status. Since platinum no longer waives the resort fee, the only perk is cutting a few lines.

5. Frankr163

Frankr163 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You need to spend $5000 per year to keep your platinum status. $10K/year and you achieve some diamond type benefits, nothing worth chasing though.

Anniversary Trip
  6. TriggerMN

TriggerMN The Norwegian Hammer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Correct. If you spend $10k in a calendar year on the card, you get a "Diamond VIP Access" card which allows you to use diamond check-in, diamond buffet lines and taxi lines, as well as visit any CET pool for free.

7. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is that correct? I got my card a few weeks ago and got Platinum status. But my total rewards account says my Plat status expires March 31, 2016. Unless of course I earn enough TC's, which I won't. Maybe I'm missing something.

8. easy_money

easy_money High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Regardless of when you earned the tier status, it will state on the TR website that it expires the following year on March 31st. For example, if you earned diamond today, you will have diamond status until March 31st, 2017. The website will still say March 31st, 2016. It will renew and update on April 1st.

9. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's great. Platinum has a few perks. Thanks for the info.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.