1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Another 'HEAD -SCRATCHER"

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Jerseyguy2, Aug 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Seems a little wierd to me but I guess they know their biz.

We're just lowly gold carders with CET,and usually dont get compted rooms in AC in summer but I saw one monday at Harrahs for tonight. I grabbed it because we havent been to AC in a few weeks(I 've been feeding my xtra cash into my paper shredder) but I checked the website today and they would want $334 from us. I know it's supply and demand and all that and it's high season so why comp us a room 5 days in advance??

2. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't but I know CZR is not comping my wife and I anything this summer. Neither is Golden Nugget.

3. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Depending on how you look at, CET are either the best (or the worst) at doing this sort of thing.

Their calendar is adaptive to the number of bookings they have, and tied directly to player ratings. If whatever ADT calculation they do comes up at whatever they think a room is worth for a night, you get comp.

I see this in Vegas all the time. Normally I just get lower end weeknights, but within 1-2 weeks of the trip, if Caesars doesn't have many bookings, suddenly it is a COMP as well.

It is really the same thing hotels do when they put up really good deals on sites like priceline/etc. They don't want their public rates to show that low, but they have an excess of rooms and suddenly are willing to take much closer to the cost cutoff point for a reservation. Just when CET does it, they also do it through the players club, giving a player worth $50 a day a free room instead of listing it somewhere at $50.

4. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd say you are one lucky SOB for getting this comp, head over to the Deck at the Golden Nugget, there is a good band tonight: Funktion 11 with a big horn section.

This is the height of the summer season as the kids go back to college soon and Labor Day is just around the corner. The same thing happened to us back in June, I checked the offer calendar and saw a Friday comp at Harrah's and jumped on it. The next day it was gone. The rack rate for tonight is probably close to $400, so have a blast.

I was playing VP at Harrahs, the bartender was pretty awesome, made a couple of Black Russians that were awesome.

5. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wierd is more like it but hey WTF Good group at Eden also,Soul Cruisers. Know a lot of the bartenders at Harrahs and GN, good bunch. Son and his posse are at Trop tonite,having their own pub crawl up and down Boardwalk.

6. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mountain Bar at Bally's Wild Wild West, $3 beers (Miller Lite, Coors Light), cheap Jim Beam shots.

7. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They want us back this friday 8/28 ,cant figure it out,but we're staying home .

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.