1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Food @ The Poker Table

Discussion in 'The Poker Room' started by QIKFIX, Aug 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QIKFIX

QIKFIX Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know poker rooms like Aria and Bellagio you can order food at the tables, but what about bringing your own food in?

Is this is acceptable.

Q

2. BigGTMike

BigGTMike Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've ate a subway sandwich at Monte Carlo poker table, granted I finished it within first few hands of tourney. Also had a cup of ice cream from sugar factory in middle of a Planet Hollywood tourney. I think as long you're not making a mess of the table and conscious of wiping hands well before touching cards you would be fine.

And obviously don't be slowing the game down.

3. undathesea

undathesea Grandissimo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would imagine it's okay as long as you didn't try to set your food on the table.

I've grabbed food at the Venetian food court and brought it back to the table before. It was a slice of pizza and I finished it quick. No one cares as long as you're not slowing down the game.

I think most all poker rooms have food for order.

4. IvanBeausky

IvanBeausky Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    get something you can eat with a fork. the thought of putting my hands on poker chips/cards, then onto my food, then into my mouth makes me wanna hurl. :vomit:

5. voltron12

voltron12 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes you can bring your own food in. I do it all the time. Most of the time fruit in a tupperware with a fork and maybe a turkey sandwich in a tupper. I see people all the time do this especially at the wsop. Most people like myself just wear a backpack, pull it out and eat what they bring, then put the tupperware back in the backpack. People also order or bring in food like subway all the time and eat it at the table. Some people are kinda gross eaters or order something like chicken wings and eat it at the table and think after they get wing sauce all over their fingers that 2 x 2 inch napkin is going to wipe it all off before they touch their chips and cards. This is the only time it becomes an issue if you ask me.

6. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've seen people eating at the table all the time as well. Its an easy way you can usually tell who are locals as well since they'll be the ones with the ziploc containers are brown-bagging sandwiches and fruit from home.

That said, I can see people eating at the table when its a tournament, like at the WSOP: if you get up to go eat and its not the dinner break then you are missing hands and the blinds are still going up...

I just never really understood if you are somewhere like the Monte Carlo poker room and somebody gets up from the table, has the dealer hold their spot, goes over to Subway and grabs a sandwich and then why they don't just sit down in the food court, eat it there, clean themselves up and then return to the game instead of bringing it back to the table and sitting there with a sandwich in one hand and cards in the other.

Somebody might say "if you have a good table..." or "if there is a big fish at the table..." but at the low stakes they are *ALL* good tables, they *ALL* have fish at them and they will hold your spot for you while you go off and eat so you can come back without having to sit on a waiting list if its a busy night.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.