1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

walk up limo experience?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by lillady, Aug 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lillady

lillady Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've booked presidential before roundtrip-- but see alot of comments about recent price increases-

I'm more concerned about getting to my hotel right after my flight, than getting back to the airport when the fun is over (think I'll use the bus system then this time)

question: I understand I get in the limo walk up line-- but I don't want a stretch limo, really just a towncar to take my husband and I, and two pieces of luggage to The Orleans-- how do I know how much the limo driver who happens to pull up next will charge? I've searched previous threads-- but don't see anything recently on prices-- and don't see this exact question on selection. And how do I prevent having to take a full fledged limo?

thx!

2. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As you guessed, the downside to a walk up is availability. There are at least 2 or 3 limo companies who have walk up kiosks outside the baggage claim area. Just go to one and ask them if they have a sedan for an hour. Then the only question is, what happens if they only have a stretch or SUV available? Maybe they say they'll only charge you the sedan rate, or maybe you go to the next kiosk.

Only time I ever did a walk up at the airport, I wanted a stretch but they only had an SUV (cheaper). This was around lunchtime, so I wasn't too surprised. I don't remember if it was Bell Trans or Presidential. They're actually owned by the same parent, but they charge slightly different rates (Bell is a little chepaer) last time I looked.

3. LoveDowntownVegas

LoveDowntownVegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Chuck summed it up..

I just returned from a trip 2 weeks ago and tried 24/7 limos. they bought the limo company I used to use so I took a chance. Fantastic service. driver was at the airport when we arrived and was at our hotel an hour prior to scheduled departure time. I would use them again.
    http://24-7limousines.com/

4. undathesea

undathesea Grandissimo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I only take walk-up limos from the airport. I've done Presidential twice and it's fine but I prefer just walking out and grabbing one.

I only ever fly into Terminal 1, so if you're flying into Terminal 3 it may be different... but I've only ever had a problem getting a walk-up limo once out of the few dozen times I've done it. I flew in on Thursday the first day of March Madness and the airport was packed with people. Never seen it that busy. But, as long as you're not coming in at an odd hour (5am or midnight), you shouldn't have a problem getting one.

Like another poster said, there are a few limo companies outside the doors marked "limo" at the airport. Just walk out one of them. I believe they all have desks set up with someone sitting at the desk.

I always try to negotiate with them on their posted rates, but the best I've gotten them to do is give me an SUV at a sedan price because the SUV had been waiting longer. I think they're pretty much all the same price, but you can see the other limo companies and can just walk down to their booth if you don't like what you hear and negotiate with them.

I will tell you that I like it better having the driver waiting for me. Just a pain for him to park, wait to collect me, and have me walk out to retrieve his car in the lot.

One word of advice... I always use the limo to run to the convenience store or liquor store to grab some things before I hit the hotel. If you do this, have a specific destination in mind. I've been taken to a place that clearly was giving driver kickbacks once and the prices weren't very friendly.

5. lillady

lillady Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you to all the helpful advice! I guess I should have stated, flying in about 5 pm on a Saturday... might effect availability a bit, eh?

6. undathesea

undathesea Grandissimo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think you'll be fine at 5pm. I usually get there in the morning, but like I said, there are a few companies that run the limos from the curb and there's only been once with no availability. And, they have someone at the desk that call to find out if there aren't any available.

As I recall on my last trip in May, I think the prices were around $50-55 for a sedan. I really have to write that down... I seem to always forget!

7. wookie

wookie Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A week ago friday we had no trouble getting a walk up Bell sedan from terminal 3 at 5pm. $55 plus tip. Given the traffic to downtown. It was great. It is always an hour so use as you please. Terminal 3 is usually quieter.

8. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have done the Bell Trans shared limo the last two trips. We also arrive early morning so not sharing for us so far. We checked in at their desk and were on our way in 3 mins or less. Its quite a bit cheaper than standard limo fare. $56 for two people round trip, thats to resort and back to airport for departure. You can sign up online and then just check in at kiosk.

9. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Saturday isn't a big arrival day, you should be fine.

10. br549

br549 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used this also my last trip. No wait, town car by myself to hotel, stretch limo by myself back to airport. Very good deal.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.