1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Dating Thread Suggestion

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Turtleman, Aug 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After going through one of the worst weeks of my life (starting at post #56 on the "Who else has incredibly rotten luck?" thread, I have an idea triggered by Chef:

I subsequently posted, "To go a bit further, how about a separate forum (thread) for single members desiring to meet other single members? Without turning VMB into a dating site, there are probably more than a few members who would love connecting on a personal level if only they knew. Being on VMB, they already have something in common; and regardless of location, also have a great place to meet up." If communications look promising, trips might even be scheduled to coincide.

Seriously, I think this would a great new forum topic and shouldn't require any additional effort beyond adding it. Whatever personal information anyone cares to divulge can already be posted under the "About Me" tab, although a few extra categories fitting the topic would probably help. At least it would be a good way to meet new friends even if nothing more comes of it.

What do you think? (And if this can be added before my upcoming solo trip, it would be even better!)

2. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I highly suggest you put a post in Vegas GetTogethers saying you'll be there solo and are looking to meet up with other board members.

The issue with making a section for "singles" is that it inevitably devolves into people looking for sex and that's not what we're here for.

3. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for explaining, although (for once) my motives were actually clean! I appreciate your suggestion.

4. Packer

Packer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have you seen this thread?? Not that it is a meet thread or a place to get together but it might be interesting to you..

https://www.vegasmessageboard.com/forums/showthread.php?117173-Are-there-any-SINGLE-NICE-Ladies-who-like-Vegas-out-there

5. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You're on the rebound already!

6. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Rebound is indeed the word! It's not my first choice, but ... well, even though I spilled my guts on the message board, there's a lot more going on than I'll disclose. Hey, what do you do when you fall off the horse or life hands you lemons? Right! I'm glad I didn't cancel my room reservations last week when I was sure I wasn't going to go. In fact, I'm now beginning to look forward to the trip.

7. Packer

Packer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well then... I highly suggest you postpone your trip a week when im going or make another trip Sept 18 when broncofn and I are going together. it will be a blast to say the least! A lot of other VMBers will be there as well.

8. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Under the best of circumstances, cancelling and rebooking rooms and air would be difficult and impractical, but at the current time, doing so would be impossible! Thanks a bunch for the suggestion, however.

9. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vegas has to be one of the easiest places to "make new friends". Don't fret Turtleman and have fun on your trip. In reality, bringing someone to Vegas is like bringing a sandwich to a buffet :)

10. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gee, I wonder which one of you wrote that! :)

11. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There's more than one of me? Lord help us!

12. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry, I was just looking at the pic of the two of you. I never said I was back to running on all cylinders! Sure hope that improves by Friday.

13. FullBoat

FullBoat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just don't tell PayTriple that. ;)

14. PayTriple

PayTriple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since you all brought this subject up, and dragged me into it, here are my responses:

I agree with Sonya, this Board is not for people looking for sex. I certainly don't look for it here.

Your answer implies that "looking for sex" is "not clean". This is absolutely WRONG. Sex is a natural part of being a human being. In no way is it "dirty".

See my response above to Sonya's quote.

For those of you who want to see how much fun it can be like to be sexually uninhibited in Vegas, check out my Twitter feed, but be warned, it is X-rated.

15. FullBoat

FullBoat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Had to give ya a hard time man. Didn't mean anything mean by it. And I do agree with ya. There's sites out there just for hooking up if that's what you want.
    If I hurt your feelings I'll buy ya a beer.
    [emoji481]

16. PayTriple

PayTriple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No hurt feelings at all! I mean, I love the way I do Vegas, it's all good, my friend!

17. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh, give me a break! I couldn't agree with you more about "no way is it dirty," but I'm not sure that's what's implied. In any case, it's not what I intended to imply. I was merely interested in meeting a new friend(s) since we'd already have at least Vegas in common. That's why I added "for once" in parenthesis's. I guess I should have substituted "above board", "honorable," or something else in place of "clean."

18. PayTriple

PayTriple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you. I was just responding to one possible implication of your word choice.
    For what it's worth, I've met lots of great new friends on this board with Vegas as the common interest/obsession, mostly male but some females as well, but not for the purpose of dating.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
  19. vegasnut

vegasnut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    funny thread this.........but yeah suggestion of sonya to look or post in vegas get togethers is valid
    and turtleman head up man i know how it feels (im now already 2 years living like a priest after i got my heart smashed and broken..no woman no cry........and no not gay either:peace: )
    anyways not that im so keen of meetings or get togethers i must say the few i had in the past in vegas were totally fine and ok and even have some vegasbuddies i hang out with if were both in vegas..

20. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You didn't, I was just clarifying. It's real easy to be misunderstood in a brief sentence, especially if I've written it! :)

When I started this thread, I envisioned little more than a place that single VMB members could simply indicate their interest and availability ... period. Anyone could then checkout "About Me" in their profile and possibly connect through Private Messaging. That's far from your typical dating and hook-up sites.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.