1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Table Games Need a New Craps Strategy

Discussion in 'Table Games' started by Erich17, Jul 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Erich17

Erich17 It is a real Obsession

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I started playing craps and learning the game I always played the point with a modest 6/8 bet and let the dice roll. After a few trips this got really boring so I learned to bet the Come Bets with my Pass line. Pass Line Odds and 2 Come with Odds.....I really like this method and when the table is hot you can make a lot of money but when it is cold it bleeds you quick....So I decided to try the dark side the last couple of times and honestly it has paid off well but not as much fun since your'e winning while everyone else is pissed off. Are there any other strategies that are still in good odds? When I get hot I start throwing some hard ways and pressing but it seems like once I get everything laid out perfect that number pops up and wipes me clean. The best thing about the dark side is that they have to roll each of your 3 numbers to clear the board and 1 number wins it all. Any suggestion is welcome.

2. PayTriple

PayTriple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Try making a large Don't bet (eg $90), then placing the 6 (eg $30) and 8 (eg $30) for a counter balance. You get paid on the 6, 7, and 8.

3. Erich17

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So bet the Don't pass and lay odds big and then place 6 and 8? What happens if the come out is an 6/8? Bet the opposite number and wait?

4. PayTriple

PayTriple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If the Don't number is a 6 or 8, you can place the 6 or 8, to guarantee a small win.

5. Erich17

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like that! Thanks. What about a big roll though? Doesn't that take you out of someone gets really hot?

6. PayTriple

PayTriple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Need a New Craps Strategy.......

You can always place the numbers, and after a few hits, call them off.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
  7. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am not a Don't player but find this strategy interesting and have some questions.

Instead of such a big Don't bet on the Come out roll, why can't you lay the number once the Point is hit when the odds are in your favor?
    If tossing the dice, couldn't you only put down $5 on the Don't then a large Lay bet once the Point is established?

8. Stevie D

Stevie D VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

If someone's hot wouldn't you press? You'd be losing your Don't bets but making back on 6/8. Or is my head up my ass like usual?

9. PayTriple

PayTriple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It depends on how much you want to risk. After a few numbers hit, and you take them down, you will be guaranteed to be positive on that roll. If you want to go for it, the by all means let it ride and press 1.5x until the roll ends.

10. PayTriple

PayTriple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Laying the number has a much higher HA than making a Don't bet, with or without odds.

11. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED Money’s on the way, with CashNetUSA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ehh, laying the 4/10 for $60 and only paying $1 vig on the win, isn't TOO much higher than 1.3ish%

12. ngrund

ngrund High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    remember you can always take your don't bet back after the point-when I switch to the don't and the point is 6 or 8 I usually will take my bet back

13. bu$hman

bu$hman Guppie trying to become a whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Where and when do you play? I would love to buy your action!

14. StingerHook

StingerHook High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

Here's what I've been tinkering with on the iPad for bubble craps sessions on my trip in a month:

-$42 Don't Pass on the come out

-Point of 6 or 8 = place the point for $36 (returns $42 if point is made), place $6 on the 'other number'. Worst case you break even, best case you make a couple dollars if the other number gets hit

-Point of 4 or 10 = either let that $42 ride, or place the point for $25 (return of $45 if hit). If you place the point , you also have the option of placing 5, 6, and 8 for $5, $6, & $6 respectively. Worst case you break even, best case you hit the 5, 6, or 8 a couple of times and make money. After a couple of 5/6/8 hits you could also go $5 on the field to get paid on any #.

-Point of 5 or 9 = let the $42 ride or place point for $30 (return of $42) and place 6 & 8 for $6 each. If 6/8 hits you could also expand to place 5 for $5 and play field for $5 as above. Up to you.

Obviously this puts $42 at risk on the come out but after a point is made you have plenty of options to hedge with the possibility of going positive as well.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
  15. adbynot

adbynot High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I use to lay the 4, and place the 6-8.

16. Stevie D

Stevie D VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    PT I'm like Fred Flintstone when I play. But instead of bet, bet, bet, bet I'm press, press, press, press. Nothing like taking a $10 ten up to $1,000.

17. Packer

Packer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Paytriple and I play almost the same way. We have been doing pretty well. The only difference is I put out full odds (6x) 50% of the time depending on what the point is. With 1000 that's 6k... I also rarely play (place) the 6 and 8 but will from time to time. Also a version of iron cross here and there on the come out roll only. The variance has been on my side and if you are able to stand there and wait for a 7 then this is the play for you. The don't can be a sucker bet because you win with a 7 and lose with a 7. But, if the variance goes your way you will win. Or, just lay the number after the roll and pay 5% vig... That way you can only win with a 7!...

Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
  18. Kornholio788

Kornholio788 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I am reading this right. You won't make alot of money. But even if all fails you break even correct? So it is a great way to play for extended time and get alot of drinks correct? Not sure I am reading it right.

19. StingerHook

StingerHook High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The "extend my play" feature definitely factors into it, but whether I make "a lot" of money is dependent on the points that are established on the come-out (and of course avoiding frequent 7s & 11s on the come-out).

When 4s and 10s show up on the come-out roll, I usually don't hedge with a place bet on the point - if a seven shows up I'm up $42 on that roll, if the point is hit again, I'm down $42.

When the point is a 6 or 8 I always hedge with a $36 place bet on the point - worst case here is I break even, best case is that the "other" number gets rolled a few times and my $6 place bet there puts me positive on that roll.

5 or 9 as the point is where it can go either way as to whether or not I hedge with a place bet.

So if 4s and 10s are showing up often on the come-out roll, I'll be exposed to higher variance than if 6s and 8s are the frequent points. Hope that makes sense.

20. LoveDowntownVegas

LoveDowntownVegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A Don't bet of $90, or a smaller don't bet w/ odds? I've never bet the don't. Have layed, but never bet don't.. i'm interested.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.