1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Do you prefer chips or LP in the daily spin?

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by scc31, Jul 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scc31

scc31 Low-Roller

Obviously LP sounds like the better win but chips makes it fun so that you can actually play the game. What's your preference?

2. BigGTMike

BigGTMike Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  3. boofmichael

boofmichael Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LP is the only reason I play the game...therefore LPs. Speaking of which, just got 300 there on my daily bonus spin.

4. GottaLuvCruising

GottaLuvCruising High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My husband and I both get frustrated when we get LPs day after day. Yes, we plan to use rewards, but actually have fun playing the slots so would rather get huge numbers of chips. I redeemed LPs for 7 rewards on our trip last week, but already have 50K for the next one (probably in the spring.)

5. Rodent Pack

Rodent Pack S.S. Minnow

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LP's...I've accumulated 6.3 million in chips and about 75,000 LP's after redeeming others over the years.

6. scc31

scc31 Low-Roller

Looks like you and I are on the same boat! I actually win LP more often then I wish sometimes and I would rather spin or play with chips instead and try to earn my LPs. That being said when I win like 4000 LPs from a spin that's pretty massive and I'm not complaining.

7. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LP for sure

8. Kolmeseiska

Kolmeseiska Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Having played the game since 2012 I've grown to hate it so no reason whatsoever to get chips as I don't find the games interesting any longer so LPs all the way. Then again they aren't that valuable any longer either.

9. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think most players once preferred LP. I also think those are the players most likely to be quitting over terrible rewards.

If you actually have fun playing the game, one would think you'd prefer chips these days. With so few good ways to spend them, LPs are no longer a scarce resource. I have 450k which used to be borderline for 3 good rewards on one trip. As rewards stand today, that many could last me 2 or 3 trips, and I only go about once per year!

10. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LP of course....that's the point of the game. How is this even a question?

11. scc31

scc31 Low-Roller

Given how some people have more LP then they know what to do with now that the rewards has gone down hill, many people just like to collect chip and spin for fun.... Take into account some people play slot games or online poker for fake money just for the thrill of it. It's not always about the rewards.

I think its a fair question, but thanks for your opinion.

12. StingerHook

StingerHook High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bingo!

I have 1.75 million LPs "in the bank" right now, and unless the rewards see some serious improvements there's no way I'm going to be able to spend them all. (FWIW, for my upcoming trip I have bought 1 million LPs worth of rewards to redeem, but that involves multiple nights at Red Rock which is no longer possible)

I'm essentially done with the game, but I still log in every day & do my spin to keep my account active (in hopes that they add some 'top shelf' rewards); I don't care whether or not I get chips or LP.

13. DrLect

DrLect Winning!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    not so sure it is "fun" to mindlessly watch wheels spin endlessly to continuously and consistently vaporize accumulated chips. So, I would prefer LP's as you can't consume chips in any efficient way. For all those who sneer at the available rewards, on our next trip next month, my wife and I have purchased the following rewards: 2 tickets to "Love" at the Mirage, 2 tickets to the "Tournament of Kings" at the Excalibur, and 2 tickets to the BeeGees show at Excalibur -- not to mention 2 buffets at Green Valley Ranch. Last year we had 2 tickets to Zumanity and $50 to spend at Nine Fine Irishmen. If MLife properties' gambling policies were not so punitive -- bad blackjack rules and video poker paytables, we might not have to go off strip to SunCoast, Orleans, and South Point for our accommodations and gaming. We do not ever purchase chips within the MyVegas game.

14. HuskerBB

HuskerBB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On occasion when I have been short of chips and wanting to play I have been disappointed getting LP's - realizing even then that it was illogical. The LP rewards are obviously ultimately more valuable.

I am also sort of at the point though where I have more LP's than I know what to do with . Don't really know what I will use them for on our upcoming trip as I have already redeemed for the MGM shows we wanted to see and we are not staying at an MGM property this trip. But I will spend a few of them on something - 10,000 for the Jean Phillipe crepe at Aria is a good value. Even though the LP's required are very steep, having those additional Cirque options has kept me somewhat interested. I wish they would just offer tickets for a more reasonable number of points as an option rather than all the other VIP experience things. But still that is a reason to keep active enough to add LP's and maybe in a year or two have enough to get those rewards. 3 million for the O VIP deal seems like a lot but in basically 2 years of play I have earned well over 2 million total LP's - spent about half of them on prior trips and am sitting on the rest. If the game keeps going for another couple years I could see that figure becoming more realistic than it seems now.

15. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You and I have vastly different opinions on what consitutues "fun" or a "thrill"....but to each his own! :peace:

16. 2tweetz

2tweetz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I still want LP's, but that may change since it's hard to find anything to "purchase".

I started playing a few months after the game started, and have over 20 million XP's and nearly 1.7 Million LP's after already spending 400K in LP's for an upcoming trip end of Sept/early Oct and I've redeemed over 2 Million LP's in the past for multiple trips.. I think 6 or 7!!.. so I can't really complain and this was back when the rewards were really good.. now I will never be able to spend my LP's so my interest in the game is dwindling down. It was a lot of fun and I've had some great rewards in the past... so again, I can't complain... but I do miss the early days of myVEGAS!!

Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
  17. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm at the point where I don't care anymore if I get chips or LP on the daily spin: early on I wanted LP, that was "the goal" of the game, to build them up... but now I have 1.5 million LP and there really isn't much I would spend LP on so when I do the daily spin I'm mostly rooting for chips nowadays.

18. scc31

scc31 Low-Roller

:beer:

19. KevinF2020

KevinF2020 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On Facebook and mobile slots, LP for sure. 150 LP or 600 LP + multipliers and bonuses = like 1,000-4,000 LP vs. say (on average) 12,000-20,000 chips which might earn 10-150 LP's (probably not even that)? Even if you hit a big spin and get the 12,500 chips w/bonus = what 80-100k chips. That you might be able to turn into something, but more likely on average I might earn 200-500 LP from that (if even that much) unless I get super lucky.

BUT, on mobile BJ, I'll take the chips. I tend to get 50-60 LP or 55,000-80,000 chips. On single deck BJ, I'd rather have 50-80k chips than 50 LP, because I can generally earn more LP that way and often do.

20. Harry Lyme

Harry Lyme VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On mobile BJ, I'll take the chips. Much more effective. Besides, when I do get LPs, it's practically nothing (I get more in the 4-hour box). On FB, I'll take the LPs all day because at minimum I get a little over 1K but 4.8K at max. On mobile slots, I'm generally prefer coins, unless it's some paltry amount. I only get 300-some odd LPs in that daily spin. The LP meter on mobile is like 210.

As others have said, when I started I hated getting LPs, but as fun as the game can be, that is the whole point to it. I just need enough coins to enjoy myself for a few minutes a day. Otherwise, shower me with LPs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.