1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

McCarran Airport to Treasure Island Transportation?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Irishkicker23, Jul 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Irishkicker23

Irishkicker23 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am sick of getting long hauled by taxi drivers when leaving the airport. Anyone know of better transportation options from the airport to T.I.?

2. Kolmeseiska

Kolmeseiska Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tell the driver the route you want and you won't be long hauled.

3. FuzzyDiceCraps

FuzzyDiceCraps VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you don't mind spending some $$ I'm a big fan of the limo. Go with presidential, for a little over $100 bucks you get service to/from the airport (1 hour each way), a bottle of champagne (which can be subbed for 6 pack or something else of similar value) for the trip to the hotel, and if you're bringing a lady she gets a rose. Plus they pick you up at baggage claim, handle your luggage, no line to wait in, etc.

Its really the way to go, I've never done the cab thing, but I can't imagine its terribly more expensive.

Taking the wife to a work conference
  4. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bell Trans shared limo program. We did it two weeks ago, it was $28 for one and $56 for two persons. It was a great experience, you just walk outside to the limo stand and in three minutes we were on our way to the LINQ. They took us in an extended Ford Expedition and got us there quickly. The price includes your pick up as well. We received an email when the limo was dispatched and the driver called my cell 15 mins before the pick up time to let us know where he was parked outside and that he was waiting.

I highly recommend.

5. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is very easy to NOT be long hauled. Just tell him no tunnel. End of story.

Or, if he does take tunnel, do what others have done as well as myself. Upon arrival, get out your phone and tell the driver you are calling the taxi authority about the long hauling. He will then be glad to take a lower amount.

BUT - getting from airport to TI via the expressway is not all that bad. After a long flight, baggage, etc. it is an easier ride without all the traffic lights, stop and go, etc.

Limo will cost way more than the cost of a long haul.

6. Darreningreenwood

Darreningreenwood Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll second the Bell shared shuttle program: http://www.belllimousine.com/web-special/limo-share-a-ride/ It's $28 per person, and that price is round trip. So $14/person, plus tip each way. If you're going mid to northern strip, that's cheaper than a cab ride. The only time I don't use it now is if I stay on the south end (MGMish).

7. God-Speed

God-Speed "Live Life, Live It!"

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As some of the members have stated, just tell the driver "NO TUNNEL". Here is another option for you. Before you get into the Cab, just ask the driver if he can get you to TI for $25 including tip. 9 out of 10 of the drivers will do this for you. No worries and off to a good start to the vacation!!!:thumbsup:

8. Irishkicker23

Irishkicker23 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are there any good buses that drop off near T.I? I'm not really pressed for time upon arrival.

9. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry... I don't get this. About the same price as a cab, but...

You have to make at least one extra stop - maybe more?

Folks are just making too much about this "long hauling", especially to a joint at the north end of the strip.

10. Darreningreenwood

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You're in a limo or nice SUV/car, instead of a cab.

There's a chance that it's just you, so you can go straight there without an extra stop, or you're the first stop.

Set rate, so there's no need to worry about the cab driver running up the bill.

And I've found the AC is much better than either a bus or cab.

But it's different strokes for different folks. I've done cabs and shuttle buses over the years too. But I've found I like riding in comfort, not having to stand in the cab line (though I'll admit, it's been pretty efficient the last few years), not having to make 10 stops like the shuttles do, and having a set rate with no worries about fastest/cheapest/no tunnel route.

11. wookie

wookie Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last time I said no tunnel the driver took the strip on a busy night. $35 fare to TI. So equally important NO STRIP!

12. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Out of every post I have read here no one has actually "shared" the ride. Based on the way it works someone would have to basically walk up at the exact time you do and you would likely have to be sole for there to even be a chance of having to share. Its one of the best bets of the trip for sure!

13. Darreningreenwood

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have actually shared a limo once; a father and son were dropped off at the Cosmo before I was dropped off at the Flamingo. But I was sitting on comfy leather seats, with great air conditioning, a cold bottled water, and driver who knew what he was doing. It hardly took any extra time at all, and I got to cruise on the strip in a limo instead of sticking to the side streets. That feeling right there is worth two extra minutes to drop someone off.

14. scc31

scc31 Low-Roller

15. Irishkicker23

Irishkicker23 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  16. Sinatraatthesands

Sinatraatthesands Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

So you don't need to worry about the cab driver running up the bill but the rate for the limo is higher than if you got in a cab and the driver did run the bill up. Sound logic!

17. darlene

darlene Low-Roller

18. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah everything in LV is for sure logical. So crazy to spend an extra $10 to ride in a clean leather appointed limo rather than a cab. I will save the money to buy club passes from the guys in front of PH next trip.

19. keno60

keno60 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you want to be frugal and time is not of the essence you could take the 108 or the109 to the south terminal and catch the SDX to the Wynn and walk from there. Or take the SDX to the shared stop at the Mandaley Bay and pick up the Deuce that will leave you almost across the street from the TI. If you are going to be moving around Vegas, the purchase of the bus pass is worth it. If not the other posters gave you all the options you need.

20. bobby jones

bobby jones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Of course on the ultra frugal side of things, there are the people walking the entire LV blvd with suitcases in tow - generally see them walking to McCarran and not from so I guess that says a lot for how their visit went:(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.