$20 Harrah's

Discussion in '$20 Trick Section' started by Sonya, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is the thread to discuss the $20 Trick at Harrah's.

2. hotreds

hotreds Illegitimi non carborundum!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looks like their was a glitch in the "strip hotels" thread. My experience was a failed one, as the girl just harrumphed and tossed the $20 back at me. I didn't say anything when I handed her the sandwich, I guess that might have been a mistake. At any rate, I told her that I was told to try this and she ignored that statement. She was young and made up with the fancy multi-colored nails, so I guess $20 insulted her!

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. MrSeanHiggs

MrSeanHiggs Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm staying here end of August.. Might try a 50 spot

4. BlacklabberMike

BlacklabberMike MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    he's a little secret.... go see the Bell Captain... he's got plenty of pull.... worked for me... got a Penthouse suite

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Mindcr1me

Mindcr1me Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Little more info on this pls??:beer:

6. MrSeanHiggs

MrSeanHiggs Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How does the Bell Captain get you an upgrade?

7. MrSeanHiggs

MrSeanHiggs Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never stayed at Harrah's before. I am going to try a '50 Sandwich' for an upgraded room. --- Can I please have input of what I should be asking for

8. jsleckrone

jsleckrone Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am going to Harrahs in November and also would like to know the secret. First I have heard bell captain having pull on rooms. Hmmm.

9. rvallez6

rvallez6 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I tried this at Harrah's on October 24... Booked a Carnaval Room and ended up with a Mardi Gras room. May have been a High Roller view... had a good view of that and part of the strip. The woman at the desk tried to get me more, and she was very friendly. Definitely worth it. She couldn't get me a big upgrade and gave me the $20 back.

10. boxsocial

boxsocial Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    offered $20 to a desk clerk around 2pm on a Wednesday, she gave it back and said whatever upgraded rooms are available would have to be paid for in full. ended up getting a king non-smoking in the Carnival Tower on the 6th floor very far from the elevator. no complaints since I didn't request any particular location or tower. early check-in was waived with a TR card.

11. justdeb

justdeb hey look!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    we are going to Vegas in June. I've already booked and paid for 4 nights at Harrahs. (including resort fees). Would the 20 dollar trick work here? i'm a nervous wreck about it
    anyway, and i don't know why. LOL

12. hotreds

hotreds Illegitimi non carborundum!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Always worth a try! I was nervous the first time as well, but keep in mind it's just a game. Worst can happen is they say "no!" but otoh you can get a much nicer room if the agent is in a good mood! Just do it!

13. justdeb

justdeb hey look!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i'll make sure to read this thread just before we check in to get some... errrr, well you know :)

14. luck.ofthe.draw

luck.ofthe.draw VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know how I scored this upgrade, but it happened as I pulled out my wallet - no $20+ required.

During my last stay at Harrah's (1/8 - 1/10), my boyfriend and I had a basic Carnaval, non-smoking room, according to the reservation I'd made over the phone. I wanted to confirm that we were getting 1 King bed, receptionist said yes.

When we walked up to our room - we had been automatically upgraded to an "Executive suite" with High-Roller and a jacuzzi tub!

Considering we rarely play at TR properties (but stay there fairly regularly) and are just Gold-tiered members, I thought that was pretty badass!

15. TXactuarial

TXactuarial VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The only time I got upgraded to a suite with a jacuzzi was when I was with two other dudes. We still used it though!

• Like Like x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. phantomfj

phantomfj High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    .we had a top floor king strip view carnaval tower comped for 2 nights.........Tried the $20 sandwich on Fri, Feb 19 in the Diamond check-in room. She said they had no suites available and handed the 20 back......we checked in at about 330 pm and never got into our room until after 7 pm

17. vinniemac274

vinniemac274 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tried the $20 trick and got nothing other than my $20 handed back. This was in the Diamond check in on April 20.

18. fugsworth

fugsworth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, my first time attempting the $20 trick was a rousing success. Checked around 9PM on a recent weekend date for a TR offer of $30 plus resort fees on a regular Carnaval Room. The clerk knew the drill and thankfully spared me the pretense of requesting a 'complimentary upgrade' and jumped straight into, "What can I do for you?", so I asked for one of the newly renovated Valley tower rooms. After several minutes and a couple conversations with a supervisor, they got me a freakin' Valley Tower Executive Suite! (Which, I'll save you the trouble, starts at over $300 midweek and runs about $450 on most weekend dates. Oh, and they're absolutely gorgeous.)

EDC
    • Like Like x 3
  19. PGEMF

PGEMF Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Had the exact same scenario happen to us this past Friday night around 10pm. $20 got us a Valley Executive Suite. We were booked in a regular Carnaval Tower room

• Like Like x 1
  20. Rooster0620

Rooster0620 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tried it at Harrahs once. The clerk looked at me like I had 3 heads...

• Wow! Wow! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1