1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Airport to Flamingo & flamingo to downtown - QUESTIONS

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by DonnyC, Jul 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What is the best combination of cheap and quick from the airport to Flamingo?

Same question for Flamingo to downtown?

2. jimboguy

jimboguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Airport to Flamingo:
    1) A non-tunnel cab ride should run you about $15 before tip.
    2) You may also consider the Bell Trans VIP Shared Limo option for $28 per person round trip. This is a good option if it's just you, but not as economical if you are traveling with at least one other person.

Flamingo to downtown:
    1) Walk to the bus stop in front of Paris and take the SDX (do not take the Deuce, it takes forever)
    2) Get on the monorail at Flamingo and take it to the Sahara stop. Then, go down the escalator and get on the SDX toward downtown.
    Option 2 will cost a bit more since you'll be paying for both the monorail pass and the bus pass.

3. cjohnson202

cjohnson202 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If busses are not your thing (they are definitely not mine, too crowded / time consuming for me in Vegas), you can take a cab from Flamingo to downtown for $20 or less. Obviously a little more than the bus (not much much more if you are splitting the cab) but you'll get there a half hour-ish quicker. And when I'm in Vegas, time is money.

As for airport, you can take a cab ($15-$22). You can take a regular normal shuttle ($15 or $16 round trip) or you can take the Limo shuttle that the person above me posted for a little bit more, though I have no experience with that. I've never had an issue with shuttles, I've always been the first or second person to be dropped off, but I've heard horror stories of hour+ trips. I usually take the normal shuttle if I'm in a group of 2 or by myself and I cab it if I'm with 3 or more

4. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What's the cost of the SDX, and how do I know that I'm at an SDX stop and not a Deuce stop?

Also is there an place where I can easily check the schedule to make sure that I'm not waiting at the stop for a long time?

5. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The SDX and Deuce use the same passes and cost the same amount.

The difference is that the SDX stops at fewer places and thus gets back and forth way faster. It also gets out to shopping centers on both ends I believe where the deuce does not.

Here is a map of their respective routes.

Note that SDX also handles the passes differently. You need to buy them beforehand and do not present them while boarding. You just ride and now and then someone may ask to see people's tickets.

6. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks.

Where do you buy your ticket from then - for the SDX?

And $8 for a 24 hour pass?

Last edited: Jul 6, 2015
  7. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Actually according to the transit site, I was wrong and you CAN buy a 2 hour or 24 hour pass on board the SDX.

There are also vending machines at many of the SDX stops. If you look at the map I linked, stops with a machine have a TVM beside them. Some of the machines may also sell 3 day passes.

8. jimboguy

jimboguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The stop in front of Paris has a ticket vending machine. Just be sure you get on the bus that says SDX on the front. Also, the Deuce is a double-decker bus, the SDX is not. That's an easy way to tell the difference.

9. jimboguy

jimboguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here is a link to the price of the bus passes.

The SDX runs every 15 minutes from 9am to midnight. Between midnight and 9am, you'll have to settle for the Deuce (Deuce runs 24/7)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.