1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Do you Ever Book Rooms when you are not sure you can go?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Blonde_4_ever, Jun 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blonde_4_ever

Blonde_4_ever LasVegas4ever.com

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Right now I have four days at Bally's and 4 days at the Plaza booked for the end of Oct beginning of Nov. They are all comped so no deposits required.
    I am sure I can get more if I want it.

I am really not sure if I will have the funds to go in the fall
    but my board members can always have the meet without me.

Do you do that?
    Get your rooms all booked "just in case."

Last edited: Jun 25, 2015
  2. zing

zing Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never done it before, but if there's no deposit required and you can cancel later... why not?

3. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep.

4. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If it's cancel able yep. I've booked nyny 3 different times over the past year, never ended up using the room. Got emailed a pretty good rate so I took it as insurance if another offer from somewhere else didn't come through.

5. newmans

newmans VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm more concerned about getting a reasonable air fare. I fly out of a major Canadian hub, but flights can cost anywhere from $450 - $750. $450 is the exception. Most of my flights are in the $550 range. I just forward my flight details and my host will book the hotel.

6. VegasDave

VegasDave Addicted

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I do it all the time. Book, cancel, book, cancel. If I have any thought about a date I may go with the lady, friends, boss, etc, always just book a room and pay the deposit. I do have to keep track of it on the computer every time, luckily I have only forfeited a $30 deposit for a Reno hotel because I must of been drunk when I booked it. Always good to lock in a good deal and decide later!

Same with plane tickets the way Southwest works, I just book, change and cancel as my plans become clear. Kind of a fun game to me getting the best deal.

7. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not if I have used a host. Otherwise, sure.

8. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, if it's a marketing offer, or if it can be booked on the web, i.e., CET. If I'm getting a host involved, I try not to book until I'm sure.

9. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is the reservations spreadsheet for my Feb trip. The rows at the top are the ones I used. The orange ones are cancelled reservations.
    ReservationsScreenshot.jpg

10. pphold

pphold pp Park Place Degenerate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I book Rooms Airline tickets and rental cars all the time. LOL

I've purchased airline tickets before I even think I can I go. Some of the airlines let me change and re book some don't. Just gives me more of a reason to go that i have everything booked.

i use to book rooms every week to lock in the best offers but they are not very good during the summer so Now I just call the host to book something when I'm actually going to show up.

Usually right when i get to Vegas or about to get on the plane.

11. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's why I use southwest. No change fees, only pay difference or get credit back if cheaper with the wanna get away fares. If booking with points you can rebook to your hearts content.

12. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used to do this with comped caesars rooms. In one case I booked comps for a possible second trip before taking the first one as I was expecting to destroy my rating.

Last I checked CET now charges me the deposit on the resort fee even when booking comps, so I am less liberal with this than I was.

13. pphold

pphold pp Park Place Degenerate

Trips to Las Vegas:

BayouBengal. I do that a lot with SWA. Think they are the easiest to change with no change fees.

14. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yup, I have booked rooms before even though I cancelled when I found out I couldn't go.

The main reason that I book early is because hotel prices may go up as I get closer to my trip. This way I locked myself to the lower prices. I make sure that there is a cancellation policy just in case. Some drawbacks that you could encounter....Some hotels will require the first night to be paid when you make the reservation (usually not a problem as they will credit your account if you cancel). Some third party sites may require you to prepay your entire stay (again usually not a problem as they should credit your account though not sure how long it will take). Some hotels (esp the budget types) do not allow cancellation so make sure when you book that there is a cancellation clause.

I already booked my August/September rooms at the Cal. I haven't even booked the air since I'm hoping that air fares drop soon. Nightly rates have already risen so I'm glad that I locked in already.

15. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not comped. But, I don't book a room until I have my airfare booked. Airfare is the most expensive part of my trip. If I can get a price I'm satisfied with on the air, I move on to booking rooms.

16. carolineno

carolineno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sure, I do this. The hotel is usually the most flexible part of the trip. Next is getting time off, and then the flight. I love the city Vegas and the climate more than I love gambling, so I can manage Vegas with almost no funds after air + hotel are purchased. It's really about getting away from it all for me. This trip is gonna be one of those - breaking out the old groupons and MyVegas rewards!

Ladies getaway, somewhere on the strip with a pool :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.