1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Slots Tropicana's even the odds promotion

Discussion in 'Slots' started by karens625, Jun 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. karens625

karens625 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I get the promotion. Lose up to $200 and get free slot play. 50% now, 50% 30 days. The question is-is the $200 out of my pocket? Or if I put $10 in a slot machine, win $200, then proceed to lose that $200, would that be losing the $200? Or would that be just the $10 because I would be even on the win/loss?
    Thanks.

2. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has to be the actual loss out of your pocket. Wins count against you. So play until you lose the $200 (or whatever you're willing to lose), or win enough that you're satisfied with quitting with no rebate. Quitting even is one of the worst things you could do.

3. boxofbirds

boxofbirds Royally Flushed

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What tring said!

I put $200 in and planned on at least doubling or lost it all.... And I lost it all, but made $120 or so back on the first $100 rebate. Hope to make the rest back and more on the second $100 rebate in July.

I was wondering if there was a mathematically best strategy for when to quit? Obviously you quit when you lose the whole amount, but what win limit is best to quit at? Like I was hoping to at least double my $200, didn't get there but maybe it would have been better to go for quadruple, or for the highest jackpot amount on the machine? Or maybe it's mathematically best to quit as soon as you get any amount over $200?

Or maybe there isn't a mathematically correct answer to that.

4. Spivderman

Spivderman Macallan 17, please!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Me and B14 are doing this promotion tomorrow (see live TR for results). My plan is to play high limit slots and quit if I ever hit $350...or lose it all and go back the next day and play VP.

5. boxofbirds

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck! You can play the first $100 right away if you do lose, you don't have to wait until the next day. Right after I lost I walked right up to the kiosk, activated the $100 freeplay and found the best dollar VP I could and loaded up the freeplay.

But hopefully you'll hit a jackpot and not have to worry about it!

6. salukidean

salukidean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just play machines that offer a bonus round and take your card out whenever you hit one. It won't credit the bonus win to your account and you'll still be at your won/loss level before advancing to the bonus. Only caveat is that you have to cash out and move to another machine after the bonus. If you just put your card back in the same machine, the bonus won still attaches to your account.

7. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:

There is a mathematically best answer if you know the payouts/paybacks/bankroll size of the game you're playing (i.e. video poker). It was worked on by the Wizard of Odds awhile back.

http://wizardofodds.com/games/video-poker/loss-rebate/

If the only goal is to maximize the value of the loss rebate, in the losing process, it's in your best interest to find higher denomination and higher variance games when returns are similar. For example with a loss rebate that covers 50 max bets, 9/6 DDB (98.98%) is a slightly better game to play than 9/6 JoB (99.54%). And the recommended win cutoff for DDB with a 50 unit loss is 320 units (six-fold win). However, if you like to create possible future offers there, then it's worth considering creating some churn through the machines. I did a new member loss rebate at a local about an hour away, and got enough churn through to get decent offers to drive back there to collect even more before they truely cut me off.

8. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED Money’s on the way, with CashNetUSA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I did this when it first came out..
    we both took $200 each and played $2 9/6 DDB...I lost the $200..she hit quad 6's for $500.
    I immediately got my $100 (50% of rebate) and played it through 25c video poker, cashing out like $96.
    The next day (or maybe it was 2 days later?) I got the other $100..did the same thing...however, I ALSO had $96 available in "FreePlay" (don't ask me how!) so I cashed THAT out too!
    We ended up with $900 off of a $400 investment

9. boxofbirds

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice! I knew about the high variance tip, but all the other info is new to me, great stuff!

10. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We, too, did this right when it came out (when you got the WHOLE $200 in free play right away). I committed the full $200; DH would only commit $100. We played $1 VP for FOUR hours at the bar. DH got down to $1 & then battled back to $100--he never did lose it. I turned my $200FP into $180.

Let me tell you---Trop was sending me 3 free nights + other goodies (free play, free resort credits, tournaments) for every weekend for the next 6 months. I did take advantage of 3 free nights & a slot tourney where I won $500FP that I turned into about $480. So HUGE profit on that $200FP for me!

11. Big dan

Big dan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not to hijack the thread but I think the downtown grand is running the same promotion for up to a 1000? Has anyone tried this? I was wondering if it is worth risking that much as I am a low roller but I love freeplay

12. npom

npom VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes according to their website they are but it doesn't give any details on how it works.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.