1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Best Pool

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by jamie1983, Jun 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamie1983

jamie1983 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What would be the best pool to hang out at without the party/dayclub scene. I know MGM has wet republic, but can you go to the pool without going to the party?

I like the theme of MGM, Mandalay Bay, Mirage.....went to cosmo's pool when I stayed there last year, too modern for me.

Want somewhere to hang out, have some drinks, lounge for a few hours before going out...would be a saturday/sunday most likely.

2. Mooda

Mooda Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MGM has plenty of other pools besides wet republic. Plus they have a great lazy river.

3. DavidR82

DavidR82 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I second MGM And their lazy river.
    For low key pool, I would recommend the pool in the Venezia tower at Venetian. Most don't know where it is or how to find it!

4. sabinomarine

sabinomarine Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The one time I stayed at Mandalay Bay the pool was full of screaming kids running around and in the wave pool. Wasn't very relaxing. I do enjoy the pool at MGM Grand even if it is a three block walk from the elevators. Never been to the Mirage pool.

5. 2wayparlay

2wayparlay Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bellagio's pool is classy. Not a big party scene.

6. jamie1983

jamie1983 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the info...was hoping that was the answer for MGM...the pool/river looks awesome, and wasn't sure if on the weekends the pool was shut down for wet republic. Think I'm sold on MGM again.

7. God-Speed

God-Speed "Live Life, Live It!"

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The pool at the Mirage. It is one of the main reasons that my wife and I have been going back for the past 15 years.

8. jamie1983

jamie1983 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last time I stayed at the Mirage they were renovating the pool, I have stayed at cosmo a few times, the pool was nice, but a little too modern for my liking, MGM/Aria I never made it to the pool. Thinking about giving MGM or Mirage a shot for my next trip....hard time giving up the balcony overlooking the fountains at Cosmo.

9. 2tweetz

2tweetz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was at Mandalay Bay in April... didn't see hardly any kids... my favorite pool on the strip.. Mirage is good too! Also Delano has their own private pool if you upgrade to Delano and that's very quiet.

10. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wynncore´s euro section beat every pool on the strip by a landslide.

11. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ditch Fridays at Palms is all about partying.

12. pleepleus

pleepleus 2016 - The monkey is back

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Palms pools will probably also give you hepatitis A, B, and C. Encore Beach Club is the hotness.

13. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    agreed

14. buknaked36

buknaked36 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aria has 3 pools and 3 hot tub areas. Very nice setup. The one negative is the drinks are at aria prices.

15. buknaked36

buknaked36 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Second on the venezia tower pool. Nice mellow area, beautiful and relatively private.

16. opusxo

opusxo Newbie

One of those pools is now exclusive to Sky Suites (well if you want to join them it is 100.00 a chair), so Aria now has 2 open pools for the general hotel population.

17. inceptiongeek

inceptiongeek Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think it depends on what you're looking for. MGM's pool area is enormous and beautiful. On the weekends, it gets crowded but it is so expansive that you can always find lounge chairs. The music is always playing but the farther you go from the wet republic area, the quieter it will be. The lazy river is awesome! Bellagio's pool area is much smaller but it is elegant and significantly quieter. I also love the Cosmo pool area because it overlooks the strip but it's much smaller than MGM and you can't really escape the noise and crowds. Those are the only pools I have been to (in addition to Harrah's years ago but I don't even remember what it looks like) and I would say MGM has the best one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.