1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Best steak/prime rib places on the strip?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Shaunny11, May 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shaunny11

Shaunny11 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My friends are looking for some suggestions on the best places for steak/prime rib on the strip. Any good suggestions?

2. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For steak, my favorite of the half dozen or so steakhouses I've been to in Vegas is Strip House at PHo.

You're going to get a ton of different opinions on here. There are probably dozens of threads you can search through on this topic.

3. Junkyard Hog

Junkyard Hog High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My favorite steak place is Cut.

4. tagac27

tagac27 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My favorite steakhouse is still the Steak House at Circus Circus. All the steaks I have ordered there have been delicious. Nice atmosphere, excellent service...

5. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For prime rib, the most under-rated of the "sleeper" places is Jerry's Nugget. Technically it is on Las Vegas Boulvard. :) :) :) You said "Strip" I know. :)

Another great place is Golden Steer.

One place I want to try is Old Homestead at Caesars. It's supposedly a "Las Vegas Branch" of a very good long-standing very old-school steakhouse in Manhattan, but I've been by the one in Caesars and it looks absolutely nothing like the original.

I know I'm picky, and have tastes somewhat different from most here, as I very much prefer the old-school ambiance for a nice meal than many of the contemporary steak places.

6. Srvanwyk

Srvanwyk Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Really the only "bad" meal ive had in a steakhouse on the strip was @ center cut in flamingo... Otherwise id recommend prime or gallagers or the steakhouse@ circus circus list goes on and on!

7. iamsomedude

iamsomedude High-Roller

A place that is not Las Vegas, but I wish it was.
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Best Deal: Charlie Palmer Steakhouse at the Four Seasons (Cut of the Week menu). For $48, you get an decently-sized appetizer with its own wine pairing, an entree with its own wine pairing along with 2 side dishes, and dessert. You will definitely leave full, and you won't break the bank on wine, since you can get more for free.

Casual/Decently-Priced Steakhouse: The Steakhouse at the Circus Circus. I'd be comfortable going there in casual clothes, the steak is great, and the prices are decent.

Fancy Steakhouse with a Show: SW Steakhouse at the Wynn. If you get a patio seat at ~7:00 PM, you'll be able to see the Lake of Dreams show, and based on my experiences, they're more generous with their food than Prime at the Bellagio. The steak is really top notch there, but you will spend more there than at the previous two steakhouses I listed.

8. Aces and Eights

Aces and Eights VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another long-standing, old-school steakhouse from Manhattan is Smith & Wollensky on the strip near the M&M Store. I wish they would open a Peter Luger's Steakhouse.

9. BiGP

BiGP Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I personally enjoy gallagers. The service can be a hit and miss, But the dry aged beef is unreal!

10. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I actually quit recommending Peter Lugers to folks going to NYC because they are kinda surprised by the way the steaks are presented and served. I have a feeling that PL would get a similar reception in LV.

11. RPMCanes

RPMCanes VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    SW Steakhouse at Wynn or Prime at Bellagio. The only one I would stay away from is Craftsteak at MGM. The steak was fair at best and the potatoes tasted funny.

12. newmans

newmans VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For steak, I like Old Homestead. I know it's not on the strip, but I like Lawry's for prime rib. It's just a short cab ride down Flamingo.

13. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    SW Steak at Wynn.
    Delmonico at Venetian.
    Cut at Palazzo.

For every person asked, there will be 3 opinions.

14. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    SW overall experience, everything great
    Carnevino if you like dry aged steak and good dark atmosphere
    Delmonicos also great dry aged steak

btw, I ate at Peter Luger's last night, a yearly tradition. It was great, we got medium-rare and medium and the medium was more rare. I didn't care because I ate from both.

15. RiddickBull

RiddickBull VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :thumbsup:

Cut (I have a soft spot.)
    Sw
    Craft steak

16. queuetee

queuetee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't think of a steak house on the Strip that offered Prime Rib----I had a great one at the upstairs restaurant at the Orleans --Prime Rib Loft??? but otherwise, I am drawing a blank.

17. bellwynn

bellwynn Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Loved cut. Steak, side dishes, and service all excellent.

18. bswim

bswim High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Smith and Wollensky's is awesome! Stand alone place just north of the MGM.

19. mikeyvegas1

mikeyvegas1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A little off the strip at Rio but my wife and I really enjoyed Voodoo Steakhouse food was great and we got a seat right by the window on the 51st floor facing the strip. After we went out on the observation deck and enjoyed the view.

Sons 21st birthday trip
  20. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I want to say that Country Club (Wynn) serves up prime rib. But don't quote me on that as it's been a while since I've been there (and I drink).

As far as faves, I'm partial to SW and Carnevino. I've also had some fantastic meals at Craftsteak (probably some of the best steaks I've ever had were there) but consistency is not their strong suit. So caveat emptor.

As has been noted, everyone is going to have their favorite. And for each favorite, there will be a story of horrible service, over cooked meat, bland sides...But in the end, there are plenty of excellent steak joints in Vegas. So don't forget the Lipitor.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.