1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

All golf all the time!

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Packer, May 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep, that's always cracked me up. Guess it's a west coast thing: "Meet for dinner? Sure. I'll jump in the car and see you in two hours."

2. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, based on the post on here that said the M was a hike from the Strip, everything is relative. I drive 45 miles to work one way. My wife drives 55. Pauite is just down the road a bit.

3. USCHawks

USCHawks High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Played this golf course in Walla Walla, WA over the weekend with a friend of mine http://www.winevalleygolfclub.com/

I've played here a few times before and it's always a trip to play here, a completely different type of golf than I'm accustomed to. The fairways are firm and fast and the greens are the hardest/fastest I've ever played. I ended up getting four birdies, but sadly could only manage an 83.

I play in a 9 hole Business League at my regular course on Wednesdays and they had a scramble last night from the farthest tees which was pretty interesting. Playing from the very back gave the course a whole different look and it really gives you more of an idea of what the pros face, and this was still only 3500 yards for 9 holes. I'm the 3rd best player on our 4 man team but I was playing out of my mind and we ended up taking a lot of my shots on our way to -6 for the evening.

4. Packer

Packer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Couple pictures from the Broadmoor in Colorado springs. 40 degrees, only 5 mph wind and misty rain... Burrrr!
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: May 21, 2015
  5. Packer

Packer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Feel like I'm at the Wynn.. Pretty expensive.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. Packer

Packer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Absolutely beautiful here! Zero rain in Los Angeles over the last 5 years and here I am in Colorado with flooding. Miss the rain.

7. Ernie Vegas

Ernie Vegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Love the pics. It's a beautiful historic property and neighborhood (my fiancée lives in SW Colo Springs). It's a great outdoors area. Too bad about the rain. She's sick of it and we here in CA are begging for some.

8. bluerider

bluerider Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Arcadia Bluffs on Lake Michigan. This was last September, sideways wind and rain coming off the lake! Still had a great time. Beautiful layout!

IMG_20140910_180021498[1].jpg

IMG_20140910_180035632[1].jpg

IMG_20140910_132632452[1].jpg

9. NvrSumR

NvrSumR Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great pics of the Broadmoor Packer! Although I've lived in Colorado for the majority of my life I've never been there but hear how great it is. I've definitely never seen a chandelier at a bowling alley before! It's a pity your round was cancelled, which of the three were you scheduled to play? Rain during Memorial Day is nothing new here, but not seeing the sun for over a week is ridiculous.

10. Packer

Packer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Playing Wynn this coming Saturday and Sunday. Pictures coming. Taking a couple VMBers along for the ride! Might just might play Shadow but that means I would have to check in to Aria and play some. Might not have time.

11. VegasBJ

VegasBJ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Packer, if you are thinking of making it out to Shadow on Saturday for the tournament, it would be wise to check beforehand with your host as there are only 40 spots for the event, and it may be full?

12. Packer

Packer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks. Already declined playing. Too many friends in town at Wynn. But may play on Monday.. Doubt it though.

13. USCHawks

USCHawks High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I played in my business league last night and shot my best best 9 (for league) this season by shooting a 37. I started off bogey-bogey but managed to play the last seven holes in 1 under carding 2 birdies along the way. The driver has been on point my last few rounds and it's amazing how much easier things are on the golf course when you're hitting it long and straight. The sad thing is the three bogeys I had were the three easiest holes on the back 9!

14. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Played a Ron Jaworski course yesterday called River Winds. Very nice shape and some interesting holes. Had a Tin Cup moment on the 9th tee.

Playing Pauite in less than a week. Anyone play Arroyo or Bear's Best? Need another course to play while I'm in Vegas.

15. M_ILIS

M_ILIS VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've played Arroyo and Bear's Best. Both are decent but nothing extraordinary. I'd probably lean toward Bear's Best being a little more interesting, but both are solid. If you can find a good deal on them, go for it. (Check for "Deal" times on TeeOff.com.)

16. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep, Bear's Best over Arroyo, which is rather bland. How about a second round at Paiute, or cruise up to Coyote Springs or down to Primm.

I'll be looking at waves and the Channel Islands playing Sandpiper tomorrow. :thumbsup:

17. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Been to Primm before. Want to play on June 9th around noon and be back for trivia at McMullan's by 7pm. Primm and Coyote are too far away. Need something spectacular, less than $100, and can have me teeing off at noon and back to Orleans by 7pm.

18. CALELLA

CALELLA Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got a sweet deal on Groupon for Los Prados which I'm gonna use on my last day in Vegas (18th June), really looking forward to golfing in Vegas for the first time, tominiowa has kindly agreed to be my partner for the day, just hope I break 100 as not played for a few months.

19. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So a top-tier course, time limitations and inexpensive. You don't ask for much. lol

You should be able to get TPC Las Vegas for about that. Arroyo is NOT "something spectacular." Most of the closer-in courses fail that test.

FTR, Paiute is only 20-25 minutes from the Spaghetti Bowl.

20. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm playing Wolf. That's all set. How is Lexington? Does that have the wow factor?

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.