1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Martorano’s at Paris

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by shokhead, Nov 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shokhead

shokhead No big spender unless eating drinking having fun!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone tried it out yet. Was there when they were setting it up and just about open. How was it?

2. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We ate the new Martorano's in AC. It was very good. A little pricey, though.

3. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For some reason I ate at the one at the Rio once, which was horrendous--menu is similar to olive garden at 3x the price. Actually I think I went over to the Rio from CP looking for a particular VP game, which they turned out not to have. I doubt I'll set foot in the Rio again.

4. pleepleus

pleepleus 2016 - The monkey is back

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've eaten at the one at the Rio as well. This place is terrible, plus the chef is a giant ******. My "al dente" pasta was crunchy and when I sent it back, they said that was the norm.

5. playallday

playallday Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have heard many mixed reviews on this place. I was going to try the one in Paris but now not sure. Is there anyone who likes this place?

6. Kdiamond

Kdiamond Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been in South Florida many, many times and it is amazing!! Of course it probably depends on the wait staff, the management, etc., but as far as the food is concerned, it is some of the best Italian I've ever had, and I'm a picky Italian.

7. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been to the both South Florida locations and food was great.
    Also enjoyed the one in the Rio when it first opened and it enjoyed it but have not been there in several years.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2015
  8. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Talked to a friend last night who ate there on her trip last month and said it was a wonderful experience. Sat on patio, service was great and she would kill for an order of the meatballs now.... :) We are now thinking of trying it next trip.

9. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well I went once. at the Rio righ after it first opened. Food was good but VERY pricey. I HAD to sit at the bar because the chef would get PISSED if someone was at a table alone. The bartender/server who was SCORHING HOT..Words cant describe hot GORGEOUS this kitten was .Simply put one of the best looking skirts I have EVER SEEN said laughingly that the owner had his "quirks" about him.

10. playallday

playallday Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have heard the owner has quirks. His quote is "don't break my balls" i guess he is a tough guy. Just hope the food is good.

11. Aaron5

Aaron5 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The food at the Paris Martorano’s is great. I have been there at least 6 times. The fried mozzarella is a must. I usually order the Chicken Parmesan and I also know the Sunday Gravy (red sauce) is good.

The food is a bit pricey, but compared to other Hotel Fine Dinning restaurants it is not bad.

You might want to ask the prices of the specials before ordering them.

My father ordered the Veal Chop with lobster prepared with a Marsala Sauce off of the specials menu one evening and he said it was the best steak he ever had. When the check came I told him it had better have been at $97.

They do have a bit of an attitude. The food is prepared as listed on the menu and there are no substitutions or alterations to it.

Also, movies are played on many screens in the dinning room, sometime gory or dark movies. One occasion Sin City was being shown with all the nudity and gore.

Later at night it gets very loud and more like a dance club feel, without the dancing.

The patio area is quieter and fun to people watch.

Overall, I think it is a good choice for dinning.

12. Kdiamond

Kdiamond Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One of the owner's favorite quotes is "My sista's @ss" - yea I'd say he's a bit "quirky". But the meatballs are awesome.

13. Ike

Ike Low-Roller

Ate here recently. We went in with low expectations based mostly on our impression of the owner. I'm not sure that opinion has changed, but we came away thoroughly impressed with the restaurant.

The service was amazing, the pasta was perfectly cooked and the drinks were poured strong. We had the fried mozzarella appetizer, seafood spaghetti and rigatoni with Sunday gravy. Every dish was great and the squid in the seafood pasta was the most perfectly cooked squid I've ever tasted. We will definitely be going back and hopefully the restaurant can now live up to our lofty expectations. Martorano's was the food highlight of our trip. If you're on the fence about trying this place, give it a shot, you might be surprised.

To add - we never really look at prices before eating somewhere, but the prices were noticeably lower than what we were used to paying in Las Vegas for dinner. Our dinner bill was less than half of what we paid for our (terrible) meal at Ramsay's...

14. pleepleus

pleepleus 2016 - The monkey is back

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Upon hearing Aaron's advice, I'll check it out this weekend. I really hated the Rio location, but apparently he didn't like that one either.

15. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will probably hit it up when I go in July - the chef is a Philly guy so I'll throw some biz to him because of that.

Plus I saw they have an Italian Water Ice type cocktail that I don't give two rips if it is girly or not...I want to try it

16. gradytripp

gradytripp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No idea about the food. But the look of the place clashes horribly with the rest of the Bally's-Paris walkway. (Which is one of my wife's favorite parts of Vegas, so every time we walk by it I hear her teeth gnashing. So I don't think we'll be trying out the food.)

17. TriggerMN

TriggerMN The Norwegian Hammer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will never go simply because the owner is such a delta bravo.

18. newmans

newmans VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've had lunch once and dinner 4x at Martorano's (Paris). The food has always been good. The eggplant stack and meatball appetizers are my favorite. My one complaint is that you cannot get a cup of tea there and the coffee/cappuccino have never been very hot (a flaw in their machine??).

19. lulucob

lulucob Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ate there in April. My Husband had the spaghetti, meatballs were outstanding. I had Penne Vodka was outstanding. The Bread outstanding. I would definitely go back. Husband said best meatballs he had. The service great, had patio table.

20. shokhead

shokhead No big spender unless eating drinking having fun!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think it looks really nice.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.