1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Table Games does mirage still deal their DD handheld?

Discussion in 'Table Games' started by jingber05, May 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jingber05

jingber05 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ? i know aria and bellagio used to have DD hand dealt but now its a from a shoe. Did mirage make that move also?

2. Scottndindy

Scottndindy High-Roller

I was at The Mirage in February and it was handheld at the time. Not sure if it has changed since then. Do Aria and Bellagio deal doubledeck from a shoe in high limit?

3. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes. They started using the shoe for DD in january

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  4. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not that it's remotely high-limit, but SLS recently switched from dealing their double deck game from a shoe, after it being handheld for the first few months. Apparently it was to some degree because the dealers absolutely hated doing it handheld.

5. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I asked one of the dealers at Aria why the change and she said the suits determined that they could deal more hands per hour from the shoe

The plans have changed
  6. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Interesting. I asked a few dealers and a pit boss about it at SLS, and they all said it was because it was a pain to deal. Part of the problem is that SLS has a bunch of tiny female dealers in that pit who literally had trouble holding the deck in a way that would avoid exposing the cards that were being dealt.

7. boxofbirds

boxofbirds Royally Flushed

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The S17 DD on the floor was dealt from a shoe when I was there last month.

8. Superpocky

Superpocky VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I second that. I was there between 4/25-5/1 and the two $25 S17 DD tables in front of the HL were dealt from a shoe. No touchie.

9. jingber05

jingber05 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    the mirage added another DD table? i thought they always had that 1 infamous one outside the HL room. has the strip pretty much completely wiped away pitch games? palazzo i think still has them but thats it i think

10. h_upmann

h_upmann Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is a revolting development. I saw this game at MB last year and thought it was a one-off.
    If pitch BJ is on the way out, you'll find me at the craps table.

11. Superpocky

Superpocky VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On second thought, I'm not sure if there were 1 or 2 DD tables! I remembered there were three BJ tables right outside of HL room, because I got slaughtered on all three, but my brain cannot remember if more than one table were double deck. I remembered seeing two but I could very well be wrong, sorry!

12. Superpocky

Superpocky VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At least out of my entire trip I did not see one pitch BJ table on Strip. I can't say with confidence that they don't exist, I just didn't see one and I was looking for it.

13. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As someone posted earlier, you can still find it in the Venetian/Palazzo high limit

The plans have changed
  14. topcard

topcard Here's to $10 3:2 two-deck, $5 Craps, and $5 UTH!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    See...I do not get this... if the rules are good, a two-deck shoe game is - in some respects - even better than pitch.
    All of the cards, save the dealer's hole-card, are visible (and track-able) immediately.
    I find such games noticeably easier to count.

Also - I have noticed that such games use a pre-set cut-spot that is about 37% cut-away. For two-deck pitch, the dealer's all seem to cut-away half.
    I like pitch games. But I would never stop playing if they got rid of them in favor of a two-deck shoe with the same good rules.

The only thing you really give up is marks, bends & 'creases' that sometimes occur with the cards on a pitch game.
    It's been my experience that the pit will jump on those pretty quickly when they become noticeable.

Annual Spring Trip!
  15. Count de Monet

Count de Monet High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I played double deck shoe at TI in April and the cut was about 35% as you mentioned topcard. The only other thing is playing more hands per hour out of a shoe.

16. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you recall the min on the table? $100 I'm assuming?

17. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's been a while since I last played there (Oct '14), but the pit just outside the HL room at Palazzo (where the Asian games are) usually has a table or two of pitch, DD, H17 BJ. I've seen it as low as $25 on a slow Sunday afternoon. But usually they're $50, and $100 when it's busy.

I've never played in the HL rooms at V/P, but I do use the HL restroom at Palazzo when I'm playing at the pit I mentioned above. I don't recall ever seeing the DD game at less than $300 in there.

18. RockyBalboa

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cool thanks man.

One of my "to do's" is to play DD pitch...I have only played it a handful of times but I'd like to give it an honest go

19. Superpocky

Superpocky VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My first time playing pitch BJ was back in 1993 at the Gold Coast, $5 min and they still had the silver dollars. Roulette had $0.10 chips in the morning and $0.25 all other times. This is how I got hooked with BJ and roulette. The good old days for me!

20. RockyBalboa

Trips to Las Vegas:
    lol I have never seen a $0.10 chip! The lowest I have seen were $0.50 ones on a craps table in Lima Peru (used to pay the vig on the 4 and 10)

Pitch always made me nervous for some reason. I am not a counter nor do I have a desire to count...but I will fluctuate my bets wildly at times so I can imagine some pit boss thinking I was counting if I did this at a DD pitch game and the deck happened to be rich with high cards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.