1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Aria Sky Suite - Upgrade

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by grplnxprt, May 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grplnxprt

grplnxprt Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm going to Aria in about 6 weeks.

I always get free rooms, but this time I want to upgrade to a 2 bedroom penthouse suite for my dad.

I called and was given a quote. I asked if that came with the resort credit and freeplay from my offer.

I was told no. If I want to upgrade my offer, I need to do it upon arrival.

My problem is, one of the ways I can justify paying for the suite is the $150 I save on limo transportation.

If I don't book with Sky Suites until I get to the hotel, I still have to rent a limo.

Any recommendations?

2. TheCooler

TheCooler Professional Gambler and the Best Football Handica

Decide if the upgrade fee is worth it to you. SkySuites are a great way to spend a special occasion. You might also check on the rate for a two bedroom Aria Suite, it's a bit smaller in the living area but also a SkySuite.

3. grplnxprt

grplnxprt Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the reply.

I have no problem with the upgrade fee.

The problem is, I have to choose between:

OPTION #1 - Book my offer now, pay for a limo, upgrade upon arrival.
    PROS - I get $200 freeplay and $100 resort credit.
    CONS - I pay $150 for a limo.

OPTION #2 - Book suite now, free limo, lose comps.
    PROS - I save $150 on the limo.
    CONS - I lose $200 freeplay and $100 resort credit.

Option 1 is probably the better of those two. But, what I'm looking for is:

OPTION #3 - Upgrade offer to a suite before arriving, free limo, retain comps.
    PROS - I save $150 on the limo and retain my $200 freeplay and $100 resort credit.
    CONS - None...

Somebody here must know if this is possible.

4. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    have to talk to a host.

5. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    my take is if you have to pay the limo yourself (which means you are not a High Roller in their eyes) , the host won't do much for you.

6. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Option #3 may not be a viable option.
    In the past I have had offers for Corner Suites with Resort Credit , Free Play and show tickets.
    Call the host for upgrade to Sky suites and get the room which includes Limo and lose the RC,FP and tix.

The problem with #1 is if you are set on SkySuites and wait until arrival you may run into the "fully committed" response which means no upgrade.
    IMO if you really want the suite on this trip you should just book it.

7. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's always been one of my biggest frustrations with M Life - not being able to upgrade room type on an offer - even if you are willing to pay for it - until you get there. I've gotten around this twice, both times dealing with a host. At Mirage I was entitled to a Mirage suite, but wanted the tower suite. Host agreed to comp me one night in the tower suite, I paid for the other 2 with express comps.

At MGM Grand, I was entitled to a tower suite, but wanted the Terrace suite. Again, host agreed to comp me one night and I was to pay for the other 2 with express comps. I ended up getting the entire stay comped.

8. Superpocky

Superpocky VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had the exact opposite happening on my last trip at the Mirage, which is downgrading an offer. My MLife "Spring" offer was for 3 comp nights on a Mirage suite, plus $300 FP and $150 RC, but when I tried to book via VIP services they told me during my desired time there was 1 night that no Mirage suite was available, and the only thing the lady on the phone could do was to give me 3 nights in a deluxe room. I then asked to be transferred to a host on duty, and spoke to a lady, whom after reviewing my past play gave me 2 options. One was to take the better Tower Suite for 3 nights, or she can give me all 6 nights comped if I was willing to accept a deluxe room, and she was able to keep the same offer ($300 FP and $150 RC). Since I was on a solo trip I gladly accepted the deluxe room comped for 6 nights, which the VIP service lady could not do. I tipped her $100 on the night before I checked out.

Having said that, grplnxprt, I think you are down to two options : Either Option 2 or talk to a host. I would suggest you give the host a try since you got nothing to lose. If indeed there is nothing they could do then personally I would go for option 2. Yes I know FP and resort credit is important, but Dad is more important, otherwise you wouldn't be asking the question here. I say commit to something that you want now rather than taking a chance on your preferred room type being sold out or quoted a very expensive upgrade price upon check-in.

Whatever turns out, enjoy vacation with your dad, family is THE most important thing in life. I am happy that you are going with him, cheers!

9. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always thought the Terrace Suites look awesome but never stayed in one.
    Did they quote an upgrade dollar amount to go from Tower to Terrace?
    I think the Tower Suites are what used to be called the Hollywood Suites at the end of the hall.

10. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, that's the problem. M Life won't upgrade you ahead of time. I'm not sure what the ugprade amount would have been had I waited. They have so few of those suites that I didn't want to take a chance. My host agreed to comp me one night and I would pay for the other 2 nights, but the entire stay ended up being comped.

11. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

If you are going to pay for an upgrade to SS, you are really only losing out $150 from your combined FP/RC...that's pretty much a non-factor when looking at the big picture of the upgrade. I say do the upgrade, if you are willing to pay for it and enjoy your trip! The Aria 2br Penthouse is awesome...even if you end up sleeping in the master bedroom walk-in closet (yes, I have...lol).

12. grplnxprt

grplnxprt Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On the phone, they mentioned that suites are not guaranteed.

What happens when I get there and there isn't a suite available?

If I get bumped down to a regular room, will I get my freeplay and resort credit back?

Thank for all of the help.

13. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you pay for the upgrade you will probably be OK unless you are traveling on a super busy weekend.
    You could also call and "prepay" on your credit card if they let you. No upgrade and you get a refund.
    I'm guessing they do not let you prepay.

14. ginmil

ginmil Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Presidential Limo has a round trip special for $105.00, they are awesome too. We use them every time we go to Vegas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.