1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Firefox browser help needed for VMB

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Joe, May 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got a new desktop and have everything almost back to my preferences on the old one, but, I having a problem with VMB using Firefox. It no longer gives me the option next to the last poster, to see the last message. The little arrow is gone. I can only go to the first post and scroll. Is there a setting in Firefox I need to change?

It works ok in Chrome, but Firefox is my browser of choice.

Same version of Windows 7 on new & old machines and same Firefox version, so I'm a bit stumped. It shows the name of the last poster, but no arrow.

2. merlin

merlin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm using firefox and have the little arrow. maybe you downloaded an old version.

3. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Joe: Firefox changed radically a year ago starting with version 29 when they went to their so-called "Australis" interface. Like so many others, I found it unusable and would have ditched it if not for an add-on called "Classic Theme Restorer." Install that and you can recover not only the back and forth buttons, but almost everything Mozilla screwed up.

You also might want to check out Pale Moon www.palemoon.org as an alternative. It's almost identical to the "old" Firefox and is my primary browser.

4. topcard

topcard It's not really blackjack unless it pays 3:2!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ...or, just click on the member's name who made the last post... it will take you to YOUR first "unread" post....that's what I do, anyway...I have the arrow, but I never use it.

5. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Using 37.0.2

6. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tell Vern to try again. I installed the Theme Restorer, but same thing.

7. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vern says, "Under Theme Restorer's "General UI (1)" is a selection for movable back and forth buttons. Did you check that?

8. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When it didn't do anything after adding it on, I went through the options and checked that one, but still nada.

9. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yikes - I don't have a clue! If I were me, I'd delete the entire program and start over. Have you taken a look at Pale Moon? If nothing else, the Multicolumn Bookmarks add-on still works with it. In fact, the ONLY negative I know with Pale Moon at the moment is that it won't accommodate Zenmate. That's why I still have Firefox, although Zenmate also works with Chrome (although I use Slimjet instead). Don't give up!

10. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did try Palemoon, downloaded the migration tool. Closed both browsers and tried to run it. It failed. I'm not going to re-enter all my bookmarks. For now, I guess I'll live with it on Chrome.

11. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not to confuse you further, but the first (and only) extension I install with new installations of Firefox and Pale Moon is FEBE. Once that's done, it's easy to backup and restore all other extensions, including bookmarks and search engines, between browsers. FavIonReloader is a great add-on for repopulating favicons.

12. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have to have my imacros and Ad Block Plus.

13. NickyDim

NickyDim Hockey is life

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have the same problem with firefox on Windows 8. Windows 7 and XP firefox works fine. It works fine at the top of this page. Joe, look above your first post on the right it says "view first unread" with that same arrow as you are looking for. Now why does it appear there but not on the forum page? I don't know why, and I don't think there is a fix.

14. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was running Win 7 Pro on both machines and the same version of FF. Worked just fine on the old one, just not on new machine.

15. NickyDim

NickyDim Hockey is life

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did you download the "Yahoo edition". That's the one I have here at work and it shows those arrows. I have to check if it's different than the one on my windows 8 that doesn't have them.

My version is 37.0.2 but my yahoo edition is 1.50

16. DonD

DonD VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had to uninstall Firefox. It was freezing my computer. I went to the internet and many people are having the same problem. Tried some of the suggested solutions but most fixes were over my head.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.