1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Spring Valley Hospital ER

Discussion in 'Living in Sin (City that is)' started by TomTWI, Apr 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TomTWI

TomTWI Custom Title

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I spent the night at Spring Valley hospital ER. My wife was experiencing dizziness and I thought is was better to be safe and take her in. That was the weirdest ER I've ever been in. I think the nurses PA and doctor were all very good. They could run (and did) every possible test. It took forever we were there about 5 hours mostly sitting in the waiting area. Never assigned an ER room. You would sit in the waiting area and then someone would call your name and take you for a test. Then back to the waiting area. At one point there were 5 people in this area waiting with IV bags hanging from coat hooks on the wall. In the end it was nothing serious, I'm glad of the that. Apparently there is something going around affecting the inner ear causing vertigo. Just thought I would share my experience.

TomTWI

2. fenway68

fenway68 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow as someone "in the biz" I find that very odd and not very patient friendly; hope all turned out well. Maybe the ER was overcrowded? Happens quite frequently these days.

Or- as we have, an area of the ER that doesn't have beds, but treatment chairs, but these are still semi-private rooms "inside" the actual ER; I could see how if someone didn't tell you, that it would seem like you never were placed in a "bed", but it is the job of the staff to educate you on your progress etc...so still not patient friendly if they weren't communicating their process well.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2015
  3. vegasbound

vegasbound VIP Whale

Spring Valley is inundated with patients. They have serious overcrowding issues, I do know they get a huge influx from the strip. Years ago, I was in the fetal position there for 6 hours before they determined I needed an emergency appendectomy. They nearly sent me home with antibiotics to treat possible uti, but thankfully during shift change someone noticed my blood work was off - Dr pushed on my abdomen and I jumped feet off the exam table. I was in surgery two hours later. My husband was in and out fairly quickly with inner ear/vertigo issues, a few years back. Last year, my mom was very ill and we were in and out of ERs weekly. Out of Mountainview, Southern Hills, St Rose and San Martin; we liked San Martin best. They have great hospital staff too, she spent two weeks there. At Southern Hills, we had such an ordeal, she left the hospital against medical advice and I'd never return. My husband was taken by ambulance to Desert Springs ER, never again. He went in with chest pains and 8 hours later he was released without ever seeing a cardiologist. My mom had a biopsy done at Valley Hospital and they sampled the wrong lymphnode; needless to say, I don't think highly of them either.

I'm glad your wife is ok. I hope she feels better.

4. mediaguymiami

mediaguymiami Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Best to you and your wife. Hope she feels better.

5. marcianofan

marcianofan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Man, I looked them up on yelp and they get 2 and a half stars. The reviews are scaryto say the least....

6. salukidean

salukidean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Take Yelp with a grain of salt on everything....people with negative opinions are much more likely to voice them than those who view the facility positively.
    I was admitted to Spring Valley in February with a heart condition. Yes, it was overcrowded (most hospitals in Vegas are routinely this way) and I had to spend 2 nights in ER until I was able to get transferred to a normal room.

However, I thought their care was very good. 90% of the nurses were completely on top of things (there's always going to be a few who could improve) and the only real complaint I had was the food. I've had better food in a prison than I had at Spring Valley.....but I'd rather have great care and lousy food than the reverse.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. sporty8705

sporty8705 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i was in some ER there like 8 years ago.. dont remember which one though.. was there all night and don't remember shit other than time seemed to go quicly and i had a huge bill for drugs i never took

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.