1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

e' Jose Andres at Cosmopolitan's Jaleo- Review with photos

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by evoni, Apr 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. evoni

evoni High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  2. CosmoGold

CosmoGold Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I ate there for Valentine's Day this year. It was the most amazing meal of my life.

3. jf3976

jf3976 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a (single) reservation for May 8th - looking forward to it! If any VMBers will be there, let me know. 830 seating :D

4. Tellafriend

Tellafriend MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know I am going to get hammered here, but I didn't care for the place. Too much pork and fat. Everything seemed to taste the same. So many other and better places to eat a very expensive meal in Vegas.

5. jf3976

jf3976 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tellafriend - always good to hear all sides :)

I do have a question - anyone do the alcoholic drink add on, and any feedback or information there?

6. pressitagain

pressitagain VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That looks absolutely amazing!!!!

How long does a meal take?

I might have to try that.

7. JB in MN

JB in MN Low-Roller

I wouldn't worry about getting hammered for your opinion. The second time I went it was nowhere near as good as the first. If it was the food or not I can't say, but the second time it felt very forced and everything felt like "yeah, I get it, btdt."

Still, worth it if it is of interest/appeals to you.

Def do the booze pairing, there are some fantastic wines/beer/etc that you probably wouldn't otherwise get a chance to sample. But be aware that the pours are generous.:drunk:

8. sandybeachbar

sandybeachbar Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is on my bucket list!

Thanks for your great report and pics!

9. evoni

evoni High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's usually 2 hours once you are seated inside the private room.

10. evoni

evoni High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Glad you enjoyed it too. :)

Have a great time!

It's definitely not for everyone, my husband for one has no interest in eating at e'. There's been a lot of changes to the courses since I ate there last year. It's too bad that when you ate at e' they featured a lot of pork.

Hope you get to try it soon. :)

Last edited: Apr 17, 2015
  11. dannyocean

dannyocean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did the pairing when I was there, and I felt that, given the rather quick pacing of the meal, the pairings themselves seemed a tad rushed. The pairings went very well, and it was a solid value, but when I go back, I'll make a point to just get a couple bottles of wine to pace the pours myself.

Concur that this is an amazing restaurant. Just found my "golden ticket" and menu from my visit yesterday, actually. A special place that really allows for an interactive exploration of molecular gastronomy that's informative and breaks down a lot of the "mystery" behind the magic.

12. dannyocean

dannyocean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What a wonderful review. Thanks for all the details! Took me back.

13. mattcloss

mattcloss Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    IQUOTE I wouldn't worry about getting hammered for your opinion. The second time I went it was nowhere near as good as the first. If it was the food or not I can't say, but the second time it felt very forced and everything felt like "yeah, I get it, btdt."

Still, worth it if it is of interest/appeals to you.

Def do the booze pairing, there are some fantastic wines/beer/etc that you probably wouldn't otherwise get a chance to sample. But be aware that the pours are generous.:drunk:[/QUOTE]

Do you think they'd have an issue with two people sharing a wine pairing? Going in July, gf is a light drinker

14. evoni

evoni High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, glad it reminded you of a great time. :)

Do you think they'd have an issue with two people sharing a wine pairing? Going in July, gf is a light drinker[/QUOTE]

My first and second time at e' there were couples sharing wine pairings. However you can always double check if you want when they send you the form in email to return about food allergies and issues.

15. BackInVegas

BackInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    May of 2014, my son and I did the Premium wine with the dinner. The booze was good. I am with Tellafriend, I was hugely disappointed in the food. I admit, I had it built up to epic levels before I even went, but I was expecting to be blown away. I would say about three or four dishes blew me away, one of the dishes was the best ever Vermouth. Which was just more booze.

Personally, I would much rather enjoy a meal at one of my favorite dining establishments than go here again.

16. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been considering this for years...
    May I ask what the cost is these days? (with & without pairings)

17. WeekndOrNah

WeekndOrNah Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went in mid-March and absolutely loved it. The new current head chef at é has probably only been there for about two months at this point. Most of your courses were similar to mine (I had 23). I would post my own pictures but I don't want to hijack your thread.

I salivate every time I think about the foie gras empanada or that wagyu steak or the ham and cheese sandwich. Can't wait to go back to Vegas and é

$198 for the base dinner. Truffles are $50 more. I don't remember how much the wine pairing is, but I remember during my experience that it seemed to be too much wine as the next wine was often being poured before guests could finish their previous one(s)

18. evoni

evoni High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm sorry it disappointed you. I'm sure you noticed from my photos that the menu has changed quite a bit since last year when you ate there. I think the new chef has really improved on the experience, though of course everyone's expectations and tastes are different so it's certainly possible that even this menu might disappoint you too.

Feel free to post the photos of your courses. I'm glad you enjoyed it too. :)

19. BackInVegas

BackInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As I recall, our bill for two people was $1200 with the premium booze pairing, I think that included a tip in it, which did not matter to me, because I tipped more on top of that. So my actual cost was more than $1200, but you might not want to add more tip.

Evoni, no worries on me not enjoying the experience. As I said, I had put e on a pretty tall pedestal, and it just did not meet my very high expectations.

The best experience is I was out there with my 21 year old son(and two of his friends) and having an absolute blast. Three Las Vegas virgins, that I forced to do a whole bunch of stuff in a short amount of time. The two friends had left for California, so they did not go to dinner with us at e.

20. jf3976

jf3976 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know it says photos welcome, but asks you to put your phone away. Are they ok with using phone for pictures? Yes, I know I can ask, but I'd prefer to ask you then decide if I'm just going to go for it and take the risk; )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.