1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Vegas Uncork'd

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by dannyocean, Feb 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dannyocean

dannyocean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure if this really is the appropriate forum, but since it's food-related ...

Anyone ever done Vegas Uncork'd? We're going out this year for the Grand Tasting and the Hell's Kitchen dinner with Gordon Ramsay ... looks like it should be a good time. And yet another excuse to simply binge on fine Vegas food. Nothing I like better than the food in Vegas! But I'd be curious to hear anyone's experience with this event.

2. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've never been. The California Pinot and Chardonnay event at Jasmine caught my eye. Enjoy!

3. deadeyefive

deadeyefive Big Daddy

Trips to Las Vegas:

We are planning on going to the Grand Tasting so far but looking at some other events as well. From what i hear, at the Grand Tasting, get there at least half an hour early and get in line and once inside, go directly to the back of the area and start there. They say that it gets bottlenecked at the entrance and you wont be able to get to everything. If you go to the back first and then work your way around, by the time you get back near the front, the crowds will have died down. Anyways, it looks like a great time. Have fun and eat well!! :beer:

4. dannyocean

dannyocean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good advice! Also went ahead and forked out the extra for the "early access" tickets. Don't need it to be any more of a hassle than the crowd already will make it. Should be a good time. Will report back. Getting closer.

5. airball1996

airball1996 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I attended the grand tasting of a Vegas Uncork'd event in 2011 (has it really been that long ago?) and loved it. I went with Macker and Alexanbo, and I agree with the above statements that it does get bottle necked towards the front. Not a bad idea to start in back. I agree that you should get there a little early, and be prepared to stand in line as you walk in. But, it was worth the hefty ticket price, and it was a really cool experience.

Pics of everything we ate and the setup are on my trip report here. Scroll down about halfway through for the food stuff: http://www.omaha-rounders.com/cosmo/2.htm

6. dannyocean

dannyocean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awesome! Thank you. Love the report and your pics. Has me really wondering why it has to be ten weeks away. Good thing I've got an interim trip!

7. newmans

newmans VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just an fyi

CET offers for The Grand Tasting just hit my account this week.

8. dwheatley626

dwheatley626 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Early entry is the only way to do this event as you can hit upstage major celebrity chefs before the GA crowd hits and they turn it over to the sous chefs !!! Last year Giada only stuck around for the first half hour or so, but I was able to get a pic with her ... Was able to get pix with a lot of the big boys last year - Joel, Guy, Giada, Gordon, etc.

Have fun at the Hell's Kitchen event - we did his event last year. He was 90 mins late so they kept giving us free drinks and we were all drunk as schit when he got there ... He was awesome tho --- signed some things for me, took photos etc

9. dannyocean

dannyocean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awesome! Thanks for the heads up. Yes, we did do early entry on the Grand Tasting. Just seemed to make sense.

And added in a happy hour with Gordon prior to the event ... this is my wife's total celebrity crush after we ate at Restaurant Gordon Ramsay on Chelsea Road in London, so this is huge for her. Going to be a blast.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.