1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Reduced Car Rental Cost for a Couple of Hours Time

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by nickle, Apr 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickle

nickle Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Going to Vegas for 5 days in early June and couldn't stand the thought of paying for a Weekly car rental ($168.60 for Payless, $173.61 for Fox and $164.40 for U-Save). I checked daily rates and found that by booking 1 day Alamo ($24.83) and 4 days Advantage with a free reward day ($77.17) saved me at least $62.00. Even without the reward day my savings would be some 40 bucks. I think that I will also save another 40 bucks that won't go into a slot while I change vehicles:rolleyes2: I'll be keeping an eye on rates until I leave, but suspect this might be the best deal I can get.

2. Krh2o

Krh2o MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How are you going to change cars?

3. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have done this many times before. Often, I am headed out to Lake Las Vegas, or Lake Mead, so I just stop by the rental center on the way. Usually takes less than 1/2 hour of my time.

4. nickle

nickle Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just stop at Rental Center. Drop off one car...go to counter and rent second.:ssst:

5. nickle

nickle Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Glad to know it can be this smooth. Staying at Rio and planning to visit M and Silverton on my trade day. May also stop at Outlet mall and purchase a watch!

6. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just make sure to join their club, and it should be quick and painless. You can earn extra airline miles this way also, earning them on 2 rentals instead of 1.

7. vegasvette

vegasvette High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with the other posters. Every trip I take is for about 6 hours beyond four days. I have traded cars on several occasions, mid trip without a hitch, and saved money. The other thing I've tried is to taxi from airport to hotel on arrival, then taxi from MB to car rental barn exactly 4 days prior to my drop off time, saving on the weekly rate. The cost of that trick is about the same as a one day rental, and saves a little bit of time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.