1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Amazing Johnathan

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by vegasvic, Apr 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know how many of you were able to see him during his long run at the Nugget (or in the other venues he performed at). He was easily a top 5 Vegas act for me, truly unique and funny. Unfortunately he's dying. I knew he had health problems and for some reason decided to see what he's up to. Here are a couple of articles, one from January, the other from last fall.

http://lasvegasweekly.com/news/2015/jan/15/body-failing-mind-fire-amazing-johnathan-legacy/?utm_source=mostpopular&utm_medium=banner&utm_campaign=mostRead

http://www.reviewjournal.com/columns-blogs/norm-clarke/amazing-johnathan-says-emotional-goodbye

2. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw him at the Sahara my first trip out. I wanted to see him since I saw his act on Comedy Central. He was funny and Amazing. I called up when he did the whole "bring something special up and I will tell about you trick" I brought up my penguin card protector and he started to tell all about me and this other woman who was a plant....

Great show. I still have my signed "fuck yeah" shirt he sold and his practical joke book.

3. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Saw him on comedy central and other TV shows and thought he was HYSTERICAL!!!! Saw him a few times..once as his "assistant". I also knew he wasn't doing great health wise.. Shame...

4. Piggylane

Piggylane Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I too saw him at the Sahara. A genuine, honest guy. Unlike some of the other names mentioned in the article. Ask the Orleans for details as to why the World Magic Seminar went out of business.

Anyway, very sad to hear this. He has to be in pain and the future doesn't sound like he has much of a chance. I wish him well and will remember him fondly. He always cracked me up, I'm sure he'll do the same wherever he ends up.

5. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    "I think I've done everything on my bucket list. When that bucket list is empty, it’s time to go, you know?”

Very sad

6. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sad but in a way not... how many of us do not have the ability to do half of what is on our bucket list. Not that going at any age including someone as young as him is good obviously

7. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Exactly, it's heartbreaking in a sense, but also (1) he's at peace with having gotten to do all he wanted to do, and (2) I definitely don't want to sound judgmental, because I'm not, but a lot of what's happening to him was in his control, in particular the drug use, and he completely owns it and knows what he got himself into. If one has to go, that's the way to do it.

8. Yall

Yall Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First and only show I've seen in Vegas (Sahara in '06). To say the least, he very much lived up to his moniker. Sad new indeed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.