1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Flight times

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by WickedWife, Apr 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WickedWife

WickedWife Tourist

We are coming out on our Wedding Anniversary day and have a bunch of options for flights. The one I'm leaning towards is a 6am flight that gets us there at 11am, buuuuuut..... we would need to be at the airport around 3:30-4am because its an international flight. There are later flights but they get us into Vegas much later (8am flight would get us there at 2pm, 1pm flight would get us there at 7pm, etc.).

So, I am wondering, if we do the 6am flight and go to Vegas on little to no sleep, will we be able to make the most of our Anniversary Day? What tips do you have for staying awake? Should we plan to nap in the afternoon once we have our hotel room?

TIA

2. BlacklabberMike

BlacklabberMike MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    if you get in at 11AM chances are slim you would be able to check in.

the 2PM arrival is your best shot in my opinion
    by the time you get to the hotel you should be able to get to the room and relax ;) a bit

stay awake, RedBulls and vodka
    or a 5 hour energy drink nip

3. Jordan

Jordan Caveman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm from the east coast of Canada and have flown all different options, to be honest the one that burns us out the most is arrival @ 11:00am.

Now I'm a bit of a savage and can go on virtually no sleep, but my wife says she hates taking the morning flight cause she is bagged by 5:00pm!

That being said, we need more data to give you an accurate answer:
    1. How many time have you been to Vegas, cause you can go a day or two on adrenalin alone
    2. Can you take a nap/sleep on the flight, believe me that makes a difference
    3. and last but not least, Are you a SAVAGE? cause savageness trumps anything and you will power through it ;)

4. WickedWife

WickedWife Tourist

Thank you, do the airports sell the 5 hr energy as you walk off the plane? lol.

1. This is our first time going to Vegas and our first time being away from our kids for more than 2 nights.
    2. If I have several drinks on our first flight into Seattle I might be able to sleep on the next flight. It's 2.5hrs from Seattle to LAS so maybe 1.5 hour of sleep?
    3. I think my friends would refer to me as SAVAGE. I don't drink often, but when I do I tend to close down bars.

5. h0und10

h0und10 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would try to get there on the 2pm if you want to check in right away. If you have minimal bags and can just carry them around with you for a couple hours then the 11am arrival would be nice.

as far as staying awake i use these over the counter caffeine pills called vivarin. Take one or two pills and you will be bouncing off the walls for a few hours! I take one before long nights of drinking so i can hang with my night owl friends all night.

you can always sit down to gamble and order a few free vodka redbulls or caffeine pop or coffee or go to a cvc on the strip and buy a few energy drinks

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.