1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Hotel Deposits

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Paul_376, Mar 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul_376

Paul_376 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone Have a list of hotels daily deposit amount?
    Ty

2. pleepleus

pleepleus 2016 - The monkey is back

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Doubtful. I've had authorizations for different amounts put on my card from the same hotel with the same room type. At some places, it also makes a difference if you are using a debit or credit card.

3. travelfiend

travelfiend High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  4. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's funny, but when you see this question come up it seems like 99% of the time the asker is staying at Flamingo :) :) :)

Most of the low end properties are going to want $50 or $100 per night, the higher end properties will want more.

You can leave a cash deposit if you don't have credit card space available.

You can also opt out - when checking in just say you don't want charge to room privileges and you won't have to leave a deposit.

5. IWannaBeInVegas

IWannaBeInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am hoping I get lucky enough not to put down a deposit this time. Iv spoken to both Four Queens and Mandalay Bay and both say you cannot waive the deposit, Planet Hollywood told me its possible and to inquire at check-in.

6. pleepleus

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are you planning on destroying the room?

7. IWannaBeInVegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I carry two low limit credit cards and a debit card. I don't like having money tied up that does not need to be. Im hardly in the room

8. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Raise the limits?
    Get another card?

Cards are free is used right.
    Having "temp charges" on a card are/should not be any big deal.

I am continually amazed at folks that will put hundreds or thousands of dollars at risk, buy nice meals, drinks,airfare, etc and then have an issue with a room deposit on a credit card. (I do get the debit card issue, and of course would never use one for a deposit)

Color me really confused.

9. IWannaBeInVegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am in the process of rebuilding my credit, getting cards are not easy. Unfortunally medical bills and divorce destroyed my credit but I can say that my score jumped up 50 points in less than a year, something I am proud of. I still have more work to do. I don't think its anyone on this boards right to judge one by what credit card they have in their wallet. I don't do fancy dinners, I don't do expensive shows or stay in fancy expensive rooms. I am a working single parent doing the best that I can. I apologize if I do not have the credit/money that several on this board does, but I am perfectly fine with what I have.

10. pleepleus

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Kudos on rebuilding your credit. It sounds like you are staying at multiple properties. Perhaps, it would be best to just leave cash on deposit (If that is an option) and roll it over upon check-out to the next property?

11. IWannaBeInVegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is an option I will explore. I plan to have both cards at zero or close to zero balance before landing the one will be paid off next week. If they need to do a hold I won't sweat it to much but I just prefer them not to if at all possible. I don't charge to my room, I don't damage my rooms, I don't even leave an empty pop can in my room.

12. FullBoat

FullBoat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was in your spot not long ago. Right now I have 2 credit and 1 debit cards. I normally put the room charge on my lowest limit card. I'm not using that one for anything and leave it in the room.

13. BCMike

BCMike VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Usually at PH, they only say to add a card if I plan on incurring incidentals. I usually do so I add the card but it's always felt like it wasn't mandatory if I wasn't planning on room charges.

14. hawki39

hawki39 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We will be in Vegas 4-19 thru 4-24 staying at the Four Queens. The room is already paid for. I planned on using my debit card to secure the room. I have no plans of charging anything to my room. I probably will use the same debit card to buy some things while we are there. How much of a hold will Four Queens put on the card?

15. IWannaBeInVegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Seems quite a few places now are refusing cash as a deposit

16. Hobofrank

Hobofrank Prime Minister of Idiocracy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    really?, where
    cash is the same as debit, unless they think they can bang it twice

17. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was divorced 5 years ago and took a credit hit as well at that time. I'm back up where I was before but I don't like when others say things like "just get another card" or "just get your limit raised". Not everyone can do that for various reasons.

18. IWannaBeInVegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Frank, according to the front desk that I talked to at The D, Golden Gate and Boyd properties they will ONLY take cards for deposit. I found that Downtown Grand will do a $50/night CC deposit or $100/night cash deposit.

- - - Updated - - -

This is exactly on point. Iv tried to get new cards and increases, I get the "sorry, try again in six months"

19. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think most people can relate to things happening in life. It is however pretty irresponsible to make a Vegas trip if you don't have the funds to cover such a basic thing as a room deposit. Its one thing if you are 21 years old but after that you need to grow up, things can happen in life and you will need a buffer especially when travelling.

20. mamayi

mamayi Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not to stray, but I think there is a difference between being unable to get a credit limit increase and not having the funds. I may have to wait to get a credit limit increase but have plenty of money in my bank account for a Vegas trip.

I personally like to use my debit card when I travel... Just a personal preference. It is treated like any other card, however, the funds are temporarily held, so you cannot use those funds until released a few days address the hold has been released.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.