1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Eating at the Cosmo- Cosmo Lover opinions welcome

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by littlepiggie, Mar 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. littlepiggie

littlepiggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello- Vegas is my favorite place and wanted to get some opinions on Cosmo Restaurants. Cosmo is my favorite place but I tend to stick to a few places and don't expand my comfort zone. Wonder what the most knowledgeable vegas group thinks. I have tried Comme Ca, STK, Wicked Spoon, Henry, Room Service, Estitario Milos, Holsteins, Blue Ribbon Sushi.

Scarpetta- ??
    DOCG--??
    China Poblano=??
    Jaleo???
    TALON- Is there really an asian restaurant in there?

2. Mandiferous

Mandiferous Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Butting in to see what you thought of Comme Ca. Leaving for Vegas tomorrow and my friend wants to have a nice meal. Thought of Comme Ca, especially since it's closing soon. Good stuff?

3. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I really like China Poblano. Their dumplings "When Pigs Fly" are delicious. Though i discovered a new favorite for lunch there, the chicken torta sandwich. Nice spicy kick and the bread was nice and sot and not too chewy.

Don't forget Secret Pizza.

4. JB in MN

JB in MN Low-Roller

Went into Scarpetta with mid-level expectations, came out very impressed with the food and service. My dad said it was the best meal of his life, I thought it was really, really good, perhaps at the top considering the company I was with for that meal. I'd like to go back again to confirm it really was as good as I remember.

I'm a big fan of Jaleo. It's fantastic, but I think it's important you don't put a heavy expectation on it. Sit at the bar and have a casual drink let the bartender guide you for a few drinks and three or five courses. Or go to the restaurant and, again, let the server guide you - if you want a serious meal and experience, several courses with wine, paella, coffee w rum etc they can and will step up, or if you just want a few things off the menu and to be casual it works that way too.

You didn't mention Secret Pizza, é or RRL on your list but I'll add:

Secret Pizza: it serves a purpose and is really good at what it does.

If é interests you then by all means do it, it's worth the price to do at least once.

I thought the food at RRL was over-done (I don't mean overcooked) and it was very expensive for what you got. Having said that I was not in the best of conditions to judge when I ate there, but I think I had faculty enough to give that opinion.

--JB

5. pleepleus

pleepleus 2016 - The monkey is back

Trips to Las Vegas:

6. littlepiggie

littlepiggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

7. pleepleus

pleepleus 2016 - The monkey is back

Trips to Las Vegas:

8. CalifLovesVegas

CalifLovesVegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've eaten at the SAME places that you have.
    And Secret pizza, which is wonderful to get, then grab the elevator to your room & eat in suite.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.