1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Monte Carlo vs Excalibur

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by tonysoprano24, Mar 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tonysoprano24

tonysoprano24 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Me and my work buddies were gonna book flamingo but their rates jumped overnight. Now our budget is Monte Carlo $400 a night or Excalibur $300 a night

We would assume Monte Carlo would be worth extra $100. But on MLife I can't pick a room with two queens specifically. On Excalibur I can not on Monte Carlo.

I'm thinking of saving the $100 and guaranteeing the two queens. I doubt their rooms are far apart to make a difference

Any thoughts or ideas

2. lisaloveslv

lisaloveslv Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For $300 a night there has to be a better place than Excalibur...sorry!

3. tonysoprano24

tonysoprano24 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's what I said ha but it's during the big fight on May 2nd and aria/bellagio/MGM are all $1100-$1500 a night...the mid tier props like mirage treasure island are all $800+

4. herder

herder Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can call and pay $30 to guarantee a queen. If your checking in early I wouldn't worry about it.

5. Hobofrank

Hobofrank Prime Minister of Idiocracy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    damn I hate recockulous prices on fight weekends!, $300/night for the Ex???

6. katmu

katmu Well-Known Member

If it were me, I would really try to switch to a different weekend unless you are planning to attend the fight or need to be there for some other reason that weekend. Not just because of the rates, but I would think table minimums are going to be higher, dinner reservations might be harder to get and in general I would expect everything to be busier than normal.

7. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hope $300 is for the remodeled room. If so, I would stay at Excalibur. Monte Carlo is scheduled for an overhaul and recent reviews say the rooms are shabby.

8. tonysoprano24

tonysoprano24 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm thinking these are both lower tier properties why be picky just say screw it and go with the cheapest one...I just wanted to be sure Monte Carlo wasn't leaps and bounds above Excalibur

9. tonysoprano24

tonysoprano24 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

Were actually going specifically to be in the middle of the action for the fight . We can't afford he fight and we don't really gamble too much as far as normal table games...we are mainly poker players going to play when the action will be good

It's split two ways Excalibur runs us $380 per person for two nights and Monte Carlo is $507

I think we may for the first and last time pay wynn rates for a weekend at Excalibur

10. katmu

katmu Well-Known Member

In that case, I agree with the decision to pick Excalibur. I too would not be happy about paying Wynn rates for Excalibur.

11. h0und10

h0und10 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not trying to sway you to monte, as i would take the cheaper route as well. but monte is closer to the "midstrip" if thats important to you at all. Excalibur is basically south strip and will be a walk from the midstrip where many think most of the action is!

12. Kryten2x4b

Kryten2x4b Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We stayed at MC on our last trip and really liked it , that being said , given the price difference and that fact that both are similar distance away from the MGM and I assume the room will be used sparingly , I would go with the Excalibur.

13. Piggylane

Piggylane Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you mean broken dresser drawers wrinkled carpets, torn wallpaper, dinged walls as shabby - yes indeedy! Just spent 13 nights there but it isn't the Excalibur where I had protein on the wall on my only stay there. I just can't get over that! I won't ever stay there again, no matter what they do for renovations short of a low yield device.

14. Landshark

Landshark Way into it...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I noticed some of the furniture in my MC Monaco Suite had not received a lot of love recently. Nicks, dings and worn finish on some of the pieces, but overall a very clean, comfortable room for the price. It all looks the same when you turn out the lights. And was very impressed with the staff.

15. dreric

dreric Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with you Landshark on the Monaco Suite. The rooms was showing some age and wear, but the room was fairly spacious, clean and fairly comfortable. Why they don't invest in some Old English wood polish and touch up the worn finish is beyond me.

16. dhlamar

dhlamar Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess it pays to plan ahead I got 5 days for less than your 1 night!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.