1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Unexpected Vegas trip in August - staying at Luxor

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by vwhiten, Mar 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes Luxor - have stayed there before so I know it is not the Cosmo with a wrap around. We were not going back until January. The hubby said he wanted to do something different and we were looking at a cabin in the mountains. Then a couple of weeks ago we watched Wild Card with Jason Stratham - my favorite action star and he asked if I wanted to go back to Vegas -- I am thinking this a trick question and I had to consider my answer carefully.

"No honey this is your trip you get to decide where we go" He said to figure out which is cheaper. :wink2: Well I can figure that one out.

For some reason the uber low roller - my husband get's decent offers from Luxor and I get squat - he is Sapphire and I am Pearl. We were going to go in July and then our son told us he is going to some techno-nerd conference in August at Mandalay Bay -- Black Hat???? He is an IT director for a bank --- in other words my son is a nerd. He has never been to Vegas and his wife cannot get off her work - so we are going Aug 1-6 to combine a little family time in the evenings. He will be staying at Mandalay Bay.

I would rather stay at MGM but it would probably cost twice as much and since I am under the eye to keep it on a budget I checked out our Luxor offers - well his - because mine sucked. His offer was one free night with another night and rates starting @ $29. August 1 is a Saturday so that night is $115 - Sunday and Monday night $35 Tuesday $45 and Wednesday free -- The total with tax and that dreaded resort fee is just under $400.00 for five nights --- and this is for a room in the tower and not the pyramid -- score. Cabin would have been about $1200. Now I just need SW to actually have a real sale. Sigh

The other reason for staying at Luxor is the connection with Mandalay Bay and I don't want to be marching up and down the strip in August. It won't be much different that our Texas weather when it will still be 100 degrees or more here.

2. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not bad! The tower rooms are totally fine at Luxor. Keep your eye on offers, it's still pretty early, not many summer offers out yet! Might be able to adjust your price even further.

I'm a low roller and MGM sends me good stuff ALL the time, My next trip and past 3 trips were nearly 50% off. Not free, but still far too good of a deal to pass up!

3. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED Money’s on the way, with CashNetUSA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Def-Con, I've been a couple times many years ago, when it was at the Riv...

4. ThePicksHub

ThePicksHub Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stayed at Luxor twice, both in the towers. Never any issues and I liked the room. Bathrooms were well appointed with a nice big tub that came in handy after walking all day long.

5. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Black Hat is at MB. Def Con is at Paris/Bally's this year, and I believe it was at the Rio last year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.