1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

I Questioned Harrah's...

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by hawki39, Feb 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hawki39

hawki39 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    regarding getting a coffee maker in the room. I pleasantly got this reply;

"Hello Elmer,

Thank you for contacting Harrah's Las Vegas! It is my pleasure to assist you with your room amenity inquiry. Coffee makers are provided in our suites and Deluxe Rooms in the Mardi Gras Tower. I see that you were assigned a Deluxe Room in the Mardi Gras Tower so you will have a coffee maker in your room. In addition, we offer Starbucks in two locations for your convenience. Please let us know if you have any further questions."

my question is...Is this a good room/location?
    Neither my wife or I are room snobs. :) A comfy bed, hot shower and not sharing the room with any wildlife = good room.

I was planning on taking a single cup coffee maker. While I'd have had the room, I expect TSA to take a look at the device after X-raying my luggage. :nono: I wasn't looking forward to the possible hassle. I have been known to allow my mouth to engage without coupling with my brain (on occasion)...
    TSA .."What is that," pointing to the x ray image of the coffee maker box...Me--"Well, it is either a one cup coffee maker or a small yield nuclear device." :wink.... AS I am being led away in cuffs, I can hear my wife yelling...He's not a terrorist,just an A$$h*le!

2. klawrey

klawrey High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd still bring my own coffee maker. You don't want to hear the stories of what people do to coffee makers in hotel rooms. :vomit:

3. Piggylane

Piggylane Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Quit your worrying. It's protein and there are many poor people in this world who are protein deficient....

4. LV2GAMBLE

LV2GAMBLE Certified LOW Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You could always purchase a coffee pot at the Walgreen near the Venetian...not that far. You can then pay it forward to another guest.

5. hawki39

hawki39 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Something I never thought of. :eek: I figured it would be a Kurig type, using the pods. Hoping the hot water would be self sanitizing.

6. Helen of Troy

Helen of Troy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have traveled with a small coffee maker for years and I also take my preferred coffee. It has never been a problem for the TSA folks to figure out what it is. I haven't stayed at Harrah's recently but always preferred the Mardi Gras tower. Based on your specifications for a good room I'm sure you'll be fine.

7. Helen of Troy

Helen of Troy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I doubt they are Keurigs. I haven't seen Keurigs in any CET hotels. I think it will be a generic coffee pot with generic coffee in plastic bags. I tried it once and that was more than enough but I admit I am a coffee snob.

8. klawrey

klawrey High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ehh I get my protein from steak, chicken and protein powder. Plus it's not limited to protein-based surprises but also used condoms and urine.

No thanks for me! I'll head on down to Starbucks.

9. WHITEJACKET73

WHITEJACKET73 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've taken my 4 cup Mr Coffee in my carry-on bag to Vegas several times and never had a problem with the TSA people. I've gotten spoiled the past couple of years and bring my own favorite Columbian coffee. Great start to the day getting to shake off the "cobwebs" from the previous night's activities. Never have been able to get used to Starbuck's coffee.

10. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nescafe 2 in 1. Has coffee and creamer built in. Pack some styrofoam cups in your suitcase Then use the hot water from the sink and viola, a nice hot cup of coffee.

11. DReynolds86

DReynolds86 Let's Go Pens!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Or you could drink your coffee black like a man.

12. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Man you guys will ruin hotels for me forever!

13. Peachiekeehn

Peachiekeehn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Caesars Palace uses Keurigs.

14. DReynolds86

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In all the rooms?

15. gilly from philly

gilly from philly Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am not sure which grosses my out more, that someone is drinking water out of the faucet or that someone willingly drinks Nescafe.

16. klawrey

klawrey High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So where do you drink your water? Only from fresh mountain springs? Heck even Dasani is just refined tap water. Not to mention any fountain drink you've ever had is carbonated tap water. :rolleyes2:

17. NativeSoCal

NativeSoCal Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    BINGO!!!

Emphatic +1

18. DReynolds86

Trips to Las Vegas:
  19. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I drink tap water in Vegas every morning and every night from the bathroom faucet. That is usually my only water consumption every day, :drunk: but still, it's OK.

I also wear this like a badge of honor. I have never been to a Starbucks in my entire life and think Mickey D's coffee is very good. Small coffee, senior rate, 79 cents. :thumbsup:

Just an aside. The coffee at the Plaza bar comes out of a machine and tastes exactly like instant, just awful. I started buying it at Mcd in the Plaza food court and that is when the bartender told me I could just take my cup back up and get free refills. I did that every morning and the bartender got a $2 tip every morning for telling me about this.

20. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ha! I don't mind Vegas tap-water either... I always buy a couple bottled-waters and Powerades downstairs, but once the waters are done, I happily refill at the tap!

With regards to Starbucks, I went into one for the first time about 6 months ago at the Louisville airport... to buy a bottled-water. I'm not a coffee drinker, but I LOVE the smell of it. I always enjoy these threads, cause I know what a BIG deal coffee is to most folks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.