1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Cosmo Promo Chips Decrease????

Discussion in 'Comps' started by RiddickBull, Feb 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RiddickBull

RiddickBull VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cosmo offered me $1900 in promo chips 2-3 months. My last offer had a significant decrease in promo chips.

I got my latest Cosmo offer today. It is the usual resort credit and nights, but no promo chips. Maybe they caught on to me washing them for cash without staying or playing at the property.

Has anyone else experience this also?

2. pleepleus

pleepleus 2016 - The monkey is back

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We tried to pick up our promo chips yesterday without checking in and they said we couldn't get them unless we were booked on the offer. They have finally caught on my friend.

3. wishman35

wishman35 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have gotten absolutely nothing from them lately - barely an email.

4. RiddickBull

RiddickBull VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Really, fuck.

Thanks for the info plee

5. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mine actually doubled on the offer I got this week. Of course, they had decreased to almost nothing over the course of the past three or four offers (and rightly so considering the lack of action I've given them). So, I guess I don't really know where I'm going with this...:rolleyes2:

6. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I started receiving less last month, but they also switched mine to the bet them until you lose variety, so I did not complain

I Need Spa
  7. pphold

pphold pp Park Place Degenerate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got my called to book and was told sold out the days I wanted??

Good thing I booked Aria. Offers have really dropped.

8. easy_money

easy_money High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Kind of off topic, but since we're talking about promo chips.Do any of you folks know if they still allow you to "wash" your chips in baccarat? Like betting both banker and player at the same time with promo chips?

9. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mine went down but it was an insignificant amount to begin with compared to your $1900. My action was slightly decreased as my average bet was down, I put in the time but I put in a lot more hours at blackjack than I normally do and I'm not as aggressive at bj as I am in craps. Yet this time around the host books me in a terrace 1 bedroom premium view as opposed to terrace studio no view. It seems like it ends up balancing out for me.

10. pleepleus

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes.

11. easy_money

easy_money High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :thumbsup: Thanks.

12. Naturaleight

Naturaleight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My offers have gone down at Cosmo significantly too. Sadly I thought the new management would be for the better... Unfortunately not.

13. pleepleus

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It doesn't look like anything there are any improvements yet. At least they aren't reneging on offers/free play like CET.

14. rezmike

rezmike Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been trying to raise my play there to trigger some more enticing offers, but still getting hit with the 2-Sun-Thurs. night offers. I used to get 2 any nights and $75 in food, but those slowly disappeared

15. GolferTrav

GolferTrav High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Through October of last year I was getting 3-nights comp'd in a Wrap Around Suite, $300 in food and $2250 in Promo Chips (One Use). They came via email almost quarterly. I'd make the trip out and would convert them to as much cash as possible playing the outside at the Roulette table. I had played higher levels and was Platinum but went through a divorce and didn't make it out to Vegas for over a year when these offers started coming in. I did not give them the attention those offers warranted to keep receiving them and after at least 4 times of converting to cash and walking out the door they've all but stopped. I still get concert tickets offered every month but I no longer get anywhere near the same offer. I think my last one was for $400 in food credit if I paid for the room over the weekend or 2 nights comp'd Sun-Thurs, most certainly not in a Wrap Around. It was fun while it lasted and was a great way to get back into making regular trips to Vegas!

16. Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas Elvis has left the building

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My promo chips fell from $700 to $300, still far higher than I would expect based on my average BJ bet ($50+). I've been on a few rolls over the years, crashed and burned twice, and I'm a good tipper, so I believe my average bet on file is much higher than actual bets, but I'm not complaining. Get 2 nights in a standard room (terrace but not fountain unless I ask). Will try to hit the Cosmo in June or September - a fun place to play (though the BJ tables are hit and miss related to the rules and 6/5 which I don't play).

17. CosmoGold

CosmoGold Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Makes me wonder how much they are going to change Identity.

18. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm in favor of keeping it mostly the same in terms of benefits but it needs a unified tier reset date like MLIFE. It's a pain in the ass to keep up with when/how tiers go up or down with anniversary dates. Or if we don't get this unified date, get an Identity website that works. Just telling me my Identity points doesn't help. What's my tier status, how many tier points, what's my anniversary date, etc... Why can't I book a discounted rate or an offer online?

19. CosmoGold

CosmoGold Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is the biggest headache.

20. double_faces

double_faces Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I expect the new boss will change the website for the better (can't get much worse). He did run a few MLife properties so it could at least get to that level.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.