1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

If you've ever felt cramped in a small hotel room....

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Sam D, Feb 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sam D

Sam D Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  2. joespoolhall

joespoolhall VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't try and kid us. You just cut and pasted a picture of a High Roller suite at the Four Queens, right? Seriously, that is small!

Good Luck!
    Ric at Joes

3. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is the main reason to not use Priceline in NYC unless you are really close to your travel partner.

4. Piggylane

Piggylane Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looks very similar to a room I had in Stockholm a few years ago. Probably similarly priced too. There was 18" between the foot of the bed and the window, about the same to one wall, a bit more to the other wall, which was the bath and shower. One or two English speaking channels of course, crappy Internet, $400 a night but FREE breakfast!

Whole hotel was like that. In fact most hotel rooms in Europe are much smaller than the U.S. and Canadian ones.

We are so spoiled!

5. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When the subways were shutdown in NYC after Hurricane Sandy work put me up in the Hudson Hotel, one of the rooms pictured. I couldn't believe how small the room was. The bathroom was so small that my knees almost hit the wall when I was on the toilet.

6. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED Money’s on the way, with CashNetUSA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Surprisingly, Harrahs Reno may be that small!

7. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  8. Kickin

Kickin Flea

The first time I went to Paris we stayed in something like that. It was a family trip in the mid-90s before there was much an internet. We stayed in this tiny hotel where even as kids we had to walk sideways in the rooms, and opening the bathroom doors pretty much used up all the space in the bathroom. But the area turned out to be a really cool, hip, artsy neighborhood. We were too young to take advantage of that at the time, but old enough to realize it was too cool for our family.

9. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I cruise a lot and have learned it's not necessarily about how big the room is, but how well it's laid out and how functional it is. The same could be said about rail car rooms. Some of the smallest rooms we've been in have been quite pleasant to stay in.

Bill

10. gkamer

gkamer Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Actually these rooms seem pretty nice, excluding size. They appear clean, the beds look comfy but I wonder where you would take a shower. :)

/B]

11. The Stig

The Stig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not a lot of room to move round in most of them rooms, I suppose the word would be cosy, makes me glad to be in a room at Tuscany in a weeks time

12. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Moana Surfrider in Waikiki would definitely qualify here. Built in the early 1900's it has been renovated several times but the room size and building in general remains untouched.

My Bil and Sil stayed here recently on a staycation and my wife and I hung out with them one evening and did the tourist thing in Waikiki. When they showed us the room I cracked up laughing, especially when I learned about the rate, which was $199.00 per night kamaina rate (locals rate.) The bed was a scant 12 to 18 inches from the door swing when opened. I swear I could stretch my arms out and touch the opposite walls, lol! (Of course I'm dramatizing a bit...). My Sil was a bit annoyed when a service worker opened the door thinking the room was vacant, exposing my Sil in the bed for all to see from the hotel corridor.

It's no wonder with these "amenities" and rack rates that people from Hawaii would rather go to Vegas!

13. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bet they are expensive too even with their small size.

14. Rookies11

Rookies11 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I us and have been a member of TA since 2005. I contribute occasional Teviews as well. It is an excellent source of info and I have never been deceived on Hotels/ Restaurants- especially if they're are multiple reviews. Plus, you can pick out the few never satisfied whiners from legitimate complaints.
    Recommend highly and I use it everywhere I go.

15. Sam D

Sam D Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In Las Vegas the smallest rooms I’ve stayed in were at the Horseshoe ’s original east tower and at the Golden Gate. I felt a bit cramped in both but nothing compared to what it would be like in these NYC hotel rooms.

16. Bubbavegas

Bubbavegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I do believe my F150 crew has more room than some of those rooms.

17. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A lot of European cities have small hotel rooms as well... We should be extremely thankful for the rooms in Vegas since they offer on average one of the largest basic rooms in the world.

18. Its Only Money

Its Only Money VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've stayed in the Hudson before too. It was my first thought when I saw the headline.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.