1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Cosmo comps cost

Discussion in 'Comps' started by firstkill, Jan 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. firstkill

firstkill High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My favorite host at Cosmo, was let go. He is now independent. And is commission based off theo of his players.

His inside info from being at Cosmo states.

Weekend "comp" value of a terrace studio is $160 a night. So Friday/sat stay costs 320 in comps.
    They can give up to 40% theo in comps.

To keep the job, they must keep their "players" collective theo growing. Using less comps increases their bonus.

Now I feel a little robbed by them.

2. VegasChic-

VegasChic- VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great info!
    Did they auto assign you a new host, or can you pick one?

3. ssyx

ssyx Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My host left early last year and they didn't assign me another one.
    My corporate offers have remained unchanged though - 4/5 nights comped, $100 dining and $400 freeplay, so I didn't bother contacting a host.
    I just got check out to phone the host on duty and take off anything I had outstanding and they removed it for me.

4. natedog666

natedog666 17 and 20 Expert

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just from my own experience their theo calculations are whacked compared to MGM and Wynn....

5. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very good info thanks. What's the value of a weeknight room or a wraparound?

Same applies for the corporate offers that come via email/snail mail?

6. TheCooler

TheCooler Professional Gambler and the Best Football Handica

Whacked how? Too low or too high?

7. RiddickBull

RiddickBull VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I noticed this also compared to Wynn and v/p. Much lower for me even though my average hand was higher at cosmo.

8. firstkill

firstkill High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Natedog and I talked about this also. something is fishy, im wondering if its just the craps that they rate low. Or Everything.
    I talked to paytriple and he feels Mlife and Cosmo is about equal on the wheel.

9. RiddickBull

RiddickBull VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I play bacc.mostly. No craps

10. littlepiggie

littlepiggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My host has given me different stories as well about the value of what I can get in comps and what counts against her bottom line. What I was told awhile back on what it takes to cover a room

Wraparound- Play needed
    4hrs per day- @ $750 avg on Dice, $500 avg bet on Blackjack, and about $250 avg on Roulette-
    7,500 points per day – Slots/ Reels
    45,000 pts per day on Video Poker

A Studio or One Bedroom – Play needed
    $350 on dice, $200 on BJ and $100 on Roulette- 4hrs a day
    2,500-4,000 pts per day Slots/Reels
    15,000 pts per day on Video Poker

11. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Those numbers seem reasonable if you were wanting an upfront comp any time by randomly calling your host. But what about for small fish like me? I regularly get the mailers for free nights with my most recent one being 4 nights any day of the week. My numbers aren't even close to the ones you just threw out.

12. littlepiggie

littlepiggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bayou- Do you have a host? I get offers but for example am not losing it as it will hurt my overall average bet and so on as my bankroll is low. I have 355 fp 4 nights and 100 food. I play 100 bucks or so a roll on craps and slot machines. I think I had 20k coin in last 4 day trip and lost say 3500 dollars. I barely covered my costs. I almost wish I didn't have a host as I would be staying there instead of NYNY. I am coming back for March Madness and didn't want to possibly jeporadize the next trip with a very low play trip. If I did not have a host I would be staying at cosmo.

13. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This trip is the first I've worked with a host on. I always visited players clubs or host on duty previous to check out to get what I could comped on the back end but always booked on my own. This past time the host that helped me told me to get in touch when my next trip comes up. As soon as I comfirmed i was coming for the super bowl I sent an email but was told to wait until I get an offer in the mail/email. As soon as I did I got back in touch and booked. I had a room at NyNy booked already as a contingency at a pretty good discount. My last stay in May both myself and the gf used a mailer offer and combined them at check in. I'm not worried about my average or anything as I think my mailers are a bit large for my gambling.

14. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have you guys noticed a decrease in your mail offer from Cosmo? I noticed that my offers dropped from two nights any day of the week including weekends to Sunday-Thursday nights. My last few visits had me playing at a higher level compared to before and for a longer time so I'm surprised by this. I still shouldn't have an issue getting a weekend comp from my host but I thought it was odd..

15. firstkill

firstkill High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think in the next 4-5 months they will be tightening up a bit.

16. VegasChic-

VegasChic- VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Similar with me, and I checked my numbers and it doesn't make sense. In my case they actually added a night, but cut my freeplay by $300. Maybe its the time of year? Or change in management?

17. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For me I went from 2 nights to 4 nights but a reduction in promo chips by $25. I'll take that trade.

18. double_faces

double_faces Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same happened to me, but I prefer to go with my wife during the week, since we don't do the club scene and just want to relax.

19. RiddickBull

RiddickBull VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My promo chips and food credit has down significantly also. I'm guessing it may be due to the busier time of year

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.