1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

7 stars questions

Discussion in 'Comps' started by easy_money, Jan 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. easy_money

easy_money High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First year picking up 7*. (I've always been a high diamond the last 7/8 years) I was short about 10K tier points and debated if I wanted to go for it. Decided last minute right on the 31st to go for it and hit 7*. (And yes, I know not to chase COMPS or tier status. Did it within 3 hours and brok even. So it didn't cost anything. :thumbsup:) After I told my host, it took about a week or so to approve and got the notice on the 7th and it's reflected in my TR account. Now, time to reap all the benefits cause I doubt I would be making it again this year. A couple of questions if some of you seasoned/previous/current 7* can help with. (And yes, I've looked through old posts and regularly go on sevenstarinsider even when I was a diamond.)

- How does the $1200 airfare work? Specifically how many times can I use it? I know it has to be used by March 31st, 2015. But after reviewing an recent/old thread on here, it looks like I have one to use prior to March 31st,2015 and then another one on April 1st, I would have another $1200 to use. Is that correct?
    - The yearly gift, same question as above. Is the yearly gift the same as my above inquiry about the airfare, where it can be redeem twice, or is it just once the whole fiscal 2015 year?
    - Have any of the 7* members redeemed the gift for 2014 or prior to the March 31st deadline yet? Are these the regular/normal gifts every year?
    - Do the yearly gifts get updated anytime during the year either due to supply or just a change of the gifts?
    - For the 7* companion card, can I just go to the TR desk and add my companion on without him/her being there, given that I have their TR information?

Thanks and welcome any inputs/suggestions/information.

2. newmans

newmans VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you made 7 stars for the 1st time, you have $1200 airfare to use by March 31, 2015 and you get $1200 more to use between April 1, 2015 and March 31, 2016.

You have to order your 7 stars gift by March 31, 2015. You can order another gift on April 1, 2015. It probably takes a couple of weeks once you are approved for 7 stars to be able to order your gift online. On your TR site you should be able to access a Seven Stars section.

To add someone as a 7 star companion, they have to be there a well. It's the same process for adding someone as a Diamond companion (at level 2, 80k tier credits).

Basically, you get all the 7 Star benefits until March 31, 2015 and then again, starting April 1. That assumes that you are approved for April 1. It's not automatic like being Diamond. The only reason I can think of that you wouldn't be re-approved is that you have outstanding markers, or punched a pit boss.

You also have a $500 celebration dinner to use. It's too late for any Signature events (pre March 2015), but you can use your cruise benefit.

3. easy_money

easy_money High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awesome. thanks for the input and clarifying. Now I'm debating to make a trip out to Vegas before March 31st. :rolleyes2:

I was not able to access the 7* gift site yesterday, but I was able to log into it this morning with no issues.

Yea, I know I won't be able to join any of the Signature events. Cruise, ehhh. It's always tough to plan around the cruises. I get the cruise offers several times a year, 5/6 times last year. Redeemed 2 of them and haven't planned and not planning to use it. :cry:

Thanks again for the info.

4. newmans

newmans VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Signature Cruises are very well organized. They usually include 1 night pre-cruise at a CET close to the port. All the taxes,port charges, gratuities as well as a few speciality dinners and a drink package were included. The 7 Stars cruise benefit gets you a balcony cabin, but all those other costs probably add up to at least $1500 for 2.

The Seven Stars Insider is a wealth of knowledge.
    http://www.sevenstarsinsider.com/

5. SandsFan

SandsFan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I made 7* a few months ago but haven't seen the cruise benefit. Where do I look?

Thanks,

The 3 P trip (Paris, Palms and ??)
    The 3 P Trip (Paris, Palms and ??)
  6. SandsFan

SandsFan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just looked through the information, thanks I wasn't aware of the cruise other than seeing a few were sold out.

7. newmans

newmans VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The 7 stars site showed that the Signatre event cruises were sold out....but they added 2 more in December as well as other events in the fall.

The cruise benefit is different than the signature event. You can choose a balcony cabin on a 5-8 day NCL cruise. It's in the booklet you received. Taxes and port charges are extra.

8. meyers67

meyers67 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The NCL benefit is for the 5-8 day cruises. Does anyone know if we can get a slightly longer cruise (9 or 10 days) and pay a small upcharge?

9. SandsFan

SandsFan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Newmans,

This is my first year as 7 Star so also trying to understand the benefits. We are planning the following:
    Retreat ($1200 airfare and $500 folio credit) early March at Caesars Atlantic City.
    Celebration dinner ($500) early February Vegas trip
    Appreciation gift already ordered.

Are you saying we can also take the cruise benefit before Mar 31st and again after? If so, we will have to hustle on that one as I as not aware.

Anything else I missed?

Thanks,

10. meyers67

meyers67 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes - you can get a NCL cruise now and then another NCL cruise after 3/31 (and before 3/31/16) and of course you can get the 7-stars annual event cruise in the fall.

If you really want to take 3 cruises in one year, then you need to book this year's now and probably go on it (before 3/31)

11. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You also get the $750 Diamond Aspirations twice, I'm pretty sure. I made seven stars back in the summer and did my diamond aspirations trip for the GGWU in December (quick round trip but basically "free" airfare) and then my seven stars annual trip ($1200 airfare, $500 folio credit + folio credit I got by redeeming experience credits) for my Christmas to New Year's trip. I'm unlikely to be able to take advantage of the cruise benefit (I basically can't take a vacation the first quarter of any given year) but you get everything again post 3/31/15 through 3/31/16. For people who are new to seven stars or who are thinking about earning it this year, that's the advantage of earning it in the year sooner rather than later. I ordered the seven stars gift last summer (a small camera) and can order another one after 3/31/15. Hope this helps.

Meant to add: I used my $500 celebration dinner voucher last August for my birthday. I'll get another one after 3/31/15 to use. Basically, if someone earns seven star status for the first time by this March 31st, they basically have seven star status for a full two years, i.e. until 3/31/17 and receive effectively two years of seven star benefits.

12. SandsFan

SandsFan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thansk Meyers67,

We will check into it today by calling NCL. Not sure we can do 3 cruises in a year but I would like to keep it open. Any idea when the 2015 events get posted? I saw Lake Tahoe and Vegas events in 2014 which sounded like fun.

13. newmans

newmans VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes...I agree with meyers67. You had mentioned using an offer for a cruise voucher. The 7 star cruise benefit is better than the voucher since the voucher is most likely for an inside cabin and the 7 star benefit is for a balcony cabin. You book the 7 stars cruise benefit directly with NCL.

The Signature Events for Apr-March should be posted Aril 1. The cruises sell out quickly. If an event you want is sold out....get on a waiting list. If more events are added, they go to the waiting list first.

14. SandsFan

SandsFan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you know if I can use the cruise voucher for someone else? i would like to use the 7 star cruise for me and have my son use the voucher it they will allow.

15. newmans

newmans VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The cruise voucher is non transferable.

16. meyers67

meyers67 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got a balcony room on an NCL cruise out of Venice as well as the event cruise out of New Orleans.

2015 events should be posted right after 4/1 as well as any total reward changes to the program (if any). Pick your cruise as soon as you can. You can change the cruise later if u need to and you can change your guest later as well.

Does anyone know the answer to my question about getting an NCL cruise longer than 8 days?

17. easy_money

easy_money High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually receive and pick-up several vouchers a year at AC. I've asked the NCL reps before that I am able to upgrade any of the 3/5 day and 7 day cruises, just have to pay the difference.

18. easy_money

easy_money High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sands, CONGRATS!! I also made it first time this year. When did you order the appreciation gift and how long did it take?

19. meyers67

meyers67 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Which appreciation gift did you guys select? I still need to pick mine but I don't see anything appealing.

20. Gamesman

Gamesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't picked mine either. I don't see anything that I want.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.