1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

CET Gift Wrap offer question

Discussion in 'Comps' started by SandsFan, Jan 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SandsFan

SandsFan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not much in the way of offers for my upcoming Feb trip. I do have an offer for 42,000 gift points for the GGWU. Is that worth anything? How much is needed to buy anything?

Thanks,

The 3 P trip (Paris, Palms and ??)
    The 3 P Trip (Paris, Palms and ??)
  2. easy_money

easy_money High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's a decent amount of points. You can start redeeming as low as 3000, 3500 for $10 gift card. Check out http://www.greatgiftwrapup.com for the full list.

3. SandsFan

SandsFan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the link. Looks like a $100 gift card is 35,000 points so 42,000 oioints would be worth about $120.

4. BCMike

BCMike VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You need to go to the event in December to redeem though. Just something to keep in mind.

5. SandsFan

SandsFan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh, didn't know that. Also got the cruise offer so might go with that anyway. DW is not a cruise person but might go for it if free.

6. BCMike

BCMike VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah. I almost took them up on that cruise offer but never been on one before. Assuming it could be fun although I'd need a singles cruise lol.

7. cjohnson202

cjohnson202 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Remember there are usually two redemption events, one in November and one in December. I went to last year's event and got $100 in freeplay with my points, though I didn't have a ton, maybe around 32,000 in total or something like that. I was just short of the colour bose bluetooth speaker that's in all the commercials now and retails for $139.99 CDN. It was around 36,000 points. I am thinking of going for the November one again this year too as I'll definitely have more points this year and if I'm going to go to vegas, might as well get something for free. I can't remember many other prizes, I remember video games for PS4 or Xbox One were 20,000 each. Lots of pots and pans sets, kitchen utencil set, vacuums, etc around the same redemption as well.

8. newmans

newmans VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It ends up costing a fair bit for a "free" cruise. Usually those giveaways are for an inside cabin. You would have to ay extra for a balcony or outside cabin. There is also the expense of taxes and port charges and gratuities. A drink package is probably about $60/day/person. It works out well if you actually live in a city where the ship will embark from. If you were planning on taking a cruise anyways, there is some value in getting the cruise voucher.

Over the years I've received 3 cruise vouchers,but never used them.

9. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In regards to the GGWU events in Nov/Dec. You will likely receive free room offers for the GGWU event. You can however book under any other offer you have on your account & just walk into the GGWU. If you have a GGWU event & a $75 freeplay event, book the FP event and walk into the GGWU. They do not require you to use the 'event' stay offer to attend. Of course tons of locals attending. It's fun to watch the high rollers do their holiday shopping at these. They get someone that sits down & helps them and goes out & looks for potential things for them to redeem for the people they are buying gifts for lol.

10. Gamesman

Gamesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last year was my first time using this benefit and it was an awesome experience. The folks were really friendly and my items all shipped very quick. I went to the November event and two of the things I ordered were outdoor heaters. They showed up about a week after the event and I was able to use them for Thanksgiving keeping my family members warm outdoors.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.