1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

grand canyon and hoover dam planning

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by gdw, Dec 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gdw

gdw Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello to you all. Was wondering what is the best way regarding price
    on how to do the hoover dam and the grand canyon ?. Would it be best to book in the resort or online ?. Will be visiting for a week in January. Any info would be helpful. Thanks

2. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am assuming you mean separately and not in some sort of package. I have not been to GC, but have been to Hoover 6 or 7 times. My favorite way to see Hoover is thru Pink Jeep Tours. They pick you up at their hotel in a custom leather appointed van/truck that seats about a dozed or so people. The driver gives you a very good tour of the area on the way to the Dam and then turns you over to the Dam employees for a guided tour down under. There are photo ops, history lessons, jokes, etc. It was a very good time and a great way to see the Dam.

I have also rented a car several times and done my own version. I would suggest a guided tour for the first time.

3. angelo

angelo Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What is your budget? It would be easier to give you advice if we know how much you can spend.

4. raraavis

raraavis VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i just got back from the gc, and we got there by driving to williams az and then taking the grand canyon railway to the canyon. it's probably more expensive than just driving, but it was nice to not worry about a car.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.