1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Best rewards when not staying at an mlife resort?

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by BayouBengal, Nov 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In your opinion what do you think are the best rewards for the LP spent? In the past I've redeemed the $50 dining at monte and some free play at NyNy. But alas, now they require a stay at a mgm property or even to stay at that hotel in the instance of free play. I can't really find rewards really worth a damn to be honest. I've got a room coming up at NyNy but I will cancel the room if a friend bails on the trip as I'm comped elsewhere. So in the VMB's infinite wisdom what are some of the best available without the required stay?

2. bdautch

bdautch VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Honestly, I'm at 600,000 LPs, and I'm basically resigned to just playing for another year and then going on a cruise for like 1.2 million. I get comped by CET, and I used to stay at Bally's, then get four buffets (I once made a cash purchase of chips, so I got an extra reward). But now that it doesn't work, I find the rewards too exorbitant (Bellagio buffet for 2 at 560,000?!!?). So I guess I'll just keep compiling, or whatever...?

3. g8rb8k8

g8rb8k8 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    shows....Love being the leader IMO
    but, if you are not into shows....there really isn't much left anymore w/o the room stay
    i've got over 1M lps after getting 4 rewards for my upcoming trip....had saved to do the aria room but they x'd that one
    oooooh well lol

4. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In october i used a MGM dinner buffet on a staurday night without having a room stay

5. LV2GAMBLE

LV2GAMBLE Certified LOW Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We get comped rooms elsewhere so we've been using rewards for dining. We usually find that the food isn't always the best, but it fills the belly and does the job. It helps to cut down on our expenses that way so that those funds can be used elsewhere...ching ching

6. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The food ones are great bang for your LPs but the good ones require a stay at an mgm property now. The $50 drink tab at Times Square Bar or the $50 dining at Monte Carlo were two of the best deals out there but they're restricted now. I used the Monte Carlo one before it got locked down. If my friend doesn't back out this will all be moot but I need to prepare to scrounge for rewards I can actually redeem. I don't gamble at mgm properties any more as my comps elsewhere are too good to pass up.

7. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have about 400,000 LPs that seem all but useless now!

Not sure what I am going to use them on. There really aren't even tons of room options left either!

8. RAWDAWG33

RAWDAWG33 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is a serious wish but I have over 800k lips and I'm hoping some of the good rewards come back before I go.

9. LVfan

LVfan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We found the Mirage dinner buffet to be very good (wine and beer included was a nice perk) and we also enjoyed LOVE....we also had the dinner buffet at the Aria but maybe it was the night we hit it....we found the Mirage one to be better and less LPs

10. DReynolds86

DReynolds86 Let's Go Pens!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can second the Mirage dinner buffet. Well worth it.

11. Leeza14

Leeza14 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I sucked it up and used one reward on a night at Monte Carlo so that I could also use the $50 at MC and the breakfast buffet at Mirage. I figured for the $20 resort fee at MC, I was still getting a great deal. However, I will no longer feel like we have to give any play to the places we go for the freebies -- loss for MGM props (not that I was keeping anyone employed, but we did stay and play for a few hours each time when we redeemed and got something good for free. We would otherwise not even have been in the property).

12. jbee

jbee Low-Roller

I will have to agree with you. They either shot themselves in the head or they make a LOT more on this than what one would think. No extra play from us.

13. Blueberries

Blueberries Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Andre's Cognac Tasting
    In August I was curious, so walked up to Andre's Cigar Lounge , it was very intimate, quiet and cozy.
    The Bartender told me the reward was well worth it with the Cognac that was being served. He was very well versed in his inventory.
    He gave my DH and I a "history and tour" of the different bottles and types that were on display in the upstairs hall.
    I was impressed.
    We are not big Cognac Drinkers, but love to unwind and relax while in Vegas.
    I'll more than likely get this reward for my June Trip.

14. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mostly food. Can't complain.

15. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It says it is for 1, was it different when you did it? OR if you paid for second person how much was it?

16. Blueberries

Blueberries Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We didn't redeem this reward, We didn't order a drink.
    That was how accommodating and inviting Andre's Cigar Lounge was.
    We just curiously walked in and the Bartender engaged us in conversation. He was so knowledgeable.
    I understood the reward was for 1 person.

17. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh ok sorry, I misread the last sentence! Sorry.

18. LindaP

LindaP Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We really enjoyed seeing KA. I understand they've put the famous battle scene finale back into the program. I saw it last year and hope to see it again next year.

- Linda in TX

19. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    IMHO, the 2 for 1 dining options are the best if you don't mind putting up a little cash.

For example, at Bellagio (buffet to Die for, one of the top 4 buffets in LV IMHO)

2 for 1 dinner with no stay is 26,000 LP
    2 dinner with stay is 260,000
    2 dinner with no stay is 520,000

I have mLife comp money to use to pay for the second dinner.

I have 2.6M LPs and I'm saving them up for the HGS next year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.