1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

24 hour sign in to get SWA boarding pass

Discussion in 'Las Vegas for the Frugal (not Cheap)' started by melbedewy, Sep 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. melbedewy

melbedewy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I are comparative luddites.:rolleyes2:
    We have 2 desktops and 2 older, clunky laptops. No smartphones or mobile devices.
    As part of a 10 day LV/Reno trip next month we will be at Circus Circus with an 11:30 AM LV-Reno flight on a Saturday.
    Does anyone have any tips (other than relying on the always iffy family and friends) or ideas on how we can most easily log-in to SWA and get our boarding passes at 11:30 AM Friday? We do NOT want to pay the $25 preferred seating for the 1 hour flight. There is a dump called Aztec Inn that used to have an internet cafe across from the Stat. I don't know if that is still there. Don't know if Circus Circus can do it for us.
    Any thoughts are appreciated-other than pay the $25 or get a mobile device which we are NOT doing!

2. bigdogmom

bigdogmom VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know about Circus Circus, but most hotels have either a business center where for a small fee you can get on a computer, log on/check in, and print out your boarding pass; or internet kiosks that serve the same purpose.

3. LoveDowntownVegas

LoveDowntownVegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Q: How can I access the internet while visiting your hotel (circus circus)?
    A: Internet access is available at various internet kiosks located throughout our property. Wireless internet access is also available in all hotel rooms.

4. Rodent Pack

Rodent Pack S.S. Minnow

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A few years ago, before my wife updated to a smart phone, I used a internet computer in the food court at the fashion show shopping center and paid a very small fee. I logged on just a couple minutes before the 24 hour check-in with SWA and secured our boarding passes...Good Luck!

5. bswim

bswim High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Isn't this included in some resort fees?

6. mdlee3_46041

mdlee3_46041 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As others have said, every resort has some sort of computer access so you can check in for your flights. Printing can be expensive though. I don't mean that it's expensive enough to break you, but the cost per page is pretty pricey. So I'd recommend using the computer to check in and then print your boarding passes at the airport.

7. Tammy58

Tammy58 Frugal Slot Jockey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would email CC or go to their FB page and ask them about a business center. I looked at their webpage and didn't see a link for one. I am sure they have a way for you to access the internet. Just print your boarding passes at the airport for free. BTW last I knew the upgrade your boarding position was $40, I have paid it more than once :cry:

8. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think the OP is referring to the $12.50 pp early bird check-in, not upgrading for $40 pp.

9. melbedewy

melbedewy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I definitely have no need for the printer. Just need to check in and get the number. I called Aztec last night and they still have the internet cafe so I should be set no matter what.

10. LVfan

LVfan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We use the concierge at the hotel but we do tip $5 per pass for their assistance

11. Rookies11

Rookies11 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another tip.

MANY Restaurant chains provide Free WiFi now. I don't have a Cell Phone at all, but I do have an IPad and used to take a laptop with me. Almost certainly, I used the IPad in September at a MacDonald's in LV. If you're really cheap, you can go in, blend in with the crowd and do it gratis. Or, buy a coffee and set up.

No problems!

12. Miles1

Miles1 Tourist

Way way easier, and free, dial 1-800-IFLYSWA talk to a rep they'll check you in.

13. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    But seconds & minutes after the 24 hr mark can make a huge difference in boarding positions. I don't want to be on hold while the clock is ticking.

14. Iamrice

Iamrice High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did my boarding pass at 10AM this morning and got B22. My wife was a second or two behind me and she got B44!

I'm doubting it's even a full flight, but SWA is loving all of those people paying $12.50 for the earlybird.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.