1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Which is which

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by golfer1903, Nov 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. golfer1903

golfer1903 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Will be needing a extra nite in Vegas in June. A Friday nite to sat afternoon so one nite hotel. Which area is safer or not as crazy downtown hotel area or strip area. I always heard strip gets crazy wild on weekends. Not in a bad way. But not a family atmosphere And very crowded last time I stayed on strip mom to thurs and could notice a big difference in the ant of people from mon to thurs.

Any opinions please

2. BlacklabberMike

BlacklabberMike MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Orleans might fill the bill

3. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with BLMike. An offstrip place like Orleans, Gold Coast, South Point, or Silverton will do you just fine. Downtown gets crazy and family unfriendly in a different way than the strip but it sounds like you want something fairly docile and tame and uncrowded. The off strip properties fit that bill. South Point has some excellent restaurants.

4. golfer1903

golfer1903 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lots of people not a problem. Just have two girls and kinda timmid. So if there are a lot of drunks or fights and unsafe feeling that's what I don't want don't wanna ruin there time during the day we will be on stip and or downtown anyway just at night did not know if both ends are rowdy so to speak. Or uneasy safe feeling. Or is downtown hotels noisy to to being so close to everything

Thanks guys for your input. I'll look into those options. Any others

5. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will have visited LV 12 times this year. I have never seen a "drunken fight" on Fremont Street. Maybe I'm just lucky.

If you just go to and from where you need to there shouldn't be a problem on the Strip or Downtown. You didn't mention how old the girls were. If they're old enough to be walking around by themselves, then the Strip or an off-strip hotel might be better. If they'll be with parents/guardians, then almost anywhere would be fine.

South Point is big and has a lot of non-gaming venues. (bowling alley, movie theater), so it might be a choice.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2014
  6. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Suncoast. Mostly locals but lots of out of state golfers. Bowling alley, 16plex movie theater. TGIFidays and also a decent buffet. Ice cream place and a nice cafe.
    A nice steakhouse and also a Mexican restaurant.
    Very tame.

7. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Suncoast is a great suggestion. Or just across the course, our long-running fave, the JW Marriott Las Vegas.

8. golfer1903

golfer1903 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks guys. When I was on strip last year. At 3pm on a tues. We seem two homeless beating the crap out of each other over who space was who's on the walking bridge overpass. So it can happen any time any where I get it

9. TomTWI

TomTWI Custom Title

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never seen so much as a pushing match in 20 plus visits. Closest I've come to it is me wanting to punch out timeshare hawkers. I frequent both downtown, off strip and strip occasionally.

I love the Rampart but not much for under 21 age group.

TomTWI

10. merlin

merlin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always stay downtown and have never seen a fight either, you really dont see much drunken behavior either(I'm sure many are drunk but they dont really show it), IMO there are far more drunks on the strip than downtown.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.