1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Golfer Jekyll and Mr. Hyde were back out in force ... again

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by ken2v, Nov 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    48-42 on Saturday!

2. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I played last week. Lost one ball. 115 yard par 3 and I hit a PW OB off a tee. A PW.

3. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    During one of the Kraft Nabisco Championship pro-am rounds a few years back I shanked a gap wedge under the bleachers on 18!

4. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    shanks happen. I bladed it off a tee about 150 yards right over the green and into the woods. And I tee the ball higher for irons than most people.

5. Big Tip

Big Tip VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I say it all the time, 48-42 is a lot less frustrating than a 42-48.

6. MNVegasgal

MNVegasgal Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That sounds like my husbands golf game..Whenever I ask how he played.. he says "B & B".. "Brutal & Brillant"

7. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is a post to test my new pic. Back to golf, guys.

8. Packer

Packer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hit a ball of the tee, went straight left hit a tree and came back only to land 20' right behind me. a negative yard drive! I hat this game! 3 days ago wanted to walk off the course after nine. I kept saying "Im really not this bad" "Im really not this bad" "I hate this game" I hate this game" shot 51-37. walked off the course saying "I love this game" I love this game" What a joke. the golf gods are always screwing with me.

9. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's really a situational quip, snide. Blades happen more frequently, anyway. It's one thing at home with the buds, it's another into a crowd of spectators. lol

If it's stupid and occurred on a golf course, I've done it. Topped a ball and hit myself in the nuts. Pull-topped a drive and the ball rebounded 90 degrees to the right and about 80 feet up a hill, hitting the clubhouse at the one thin strip of stucco between two massive windows. Jarred my second shot on #16 at TPC Scottsdale after shanking the first into the under-construction bleachers. Had a top-50 instructor tell me I'm "one hell of an athlete to even hit the ball with that swing." Did a Scott Choch, missing about an 18-incher to lose a tourney. But I guess the highlight was canning my third on a par 3 from 186 after hitting the first into a lake.

Damn game!! I love it!!!

10. BeeeJay

BeeeJay President of The Red Lobster Hostess Satisfaction

Trips to Las Vegas:
    slipped in the rain and hit a driver off the next tee forwards tee marker, bounced back hit me in the calf, then the other ankle, leaving bruises on both. Hit 3-wood, wedge and 1 putted the par 4 from there....for I guess a double with the penalty???

birdied 2 of last 3 holes to shoot 40-35: 75 and win my flight in a tournament, only round ever under par on that nine holes.

Yep, its a love/hate relationship.

11. Big Tip

Big Tip VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's too hard of a game.

It'll never catch on.

12. Joe Strummer

Joe Strummer VIP Whale

42 -55.............I wanted to toss my clubs on the back side !!!!
    I guess....I just stiffened up ?........I'm stickin' to that story !!!
    Just took 5 days off + played every day..............weather wise - it might be the end of my season.

13. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Played yesterday,45-42 ,got really lucky on some long putts,could have been much worse.My buddy age 74 had an 83 and he tossed a few clubs. He's gotta calm down!

14. Malibugolfer

Malibugolfer High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Those are some great self revelations. Ken and BeeJay especially. I shot 51-37 at Bears. The 51 is still quite dooable, the 37 maybe not.
    I played Sandpines in Oregon with a friend on the 600 yard uphill into the wind par 5 he hit driver, driver, driver putter for a birdie.

15. BeeeJay

BeeeJay President of The Red Lobster Hostess Satisfaction

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did he tee the driver up each time??? :evillaugh

I forgot another memorable shot, snap hooked one of the 10th tee, my buddy said it hit a tree after we heard a sound like a baseball bat cracking. Turns out it broke a guys glasses in two on the 18th fairway, he was bleeding pretty good when I got over there. Got a par on the hole. Been playing the power fade ever since.

16. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are enough liars and egos in this game to go around. Can't be other than who I am, which is a guy about equally divided between birdie/par and triple/X. I've taken out a few windows. Tons of other idiocies. But it was Ed who hit the school bus playing at Angel Park!

P.S. Yep, the wind can HOWL there at Sandpines. And I play at a place known for a little wind.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2014
  17. MUFC

MUFC Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I remember a few years ago a friend of mine tee'd it up on a par 5, accidentally hit the ball on his practice swing and it shot of at right angles into some bushes and lost his ball!

I've also sliced one of the 14th tee on my local course into some back gardens, when I got down there an old woman was peering over the fence shouting like mad, calling me every name under the sun to which I replied "is it playable?!"

18. VegasBJ

VegasBJ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    standard! Look, I posted, lol!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.