1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

The basic logistics for my Trip

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by clickpopboom, Oct 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clickpopboom

clickpopboom Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It looks like I arrive at 9:01am on 10/31 at terminal 1. This will give me 75 minutes to catch the inter-terminal shuttle to terminal 3. From there I will board the North/West WAX to the Tropicana. I should arrive there at 10:35 am, giving me about 4 hours to wander the strip until check-in time.

On Nov 3rd I will wander my way back to the WAX stop at the Tropicana and catch the WAX South/East at 5:22pm, and arrive at the airport at 5:33pm. This will give me 1hr 57 minutes to go back through security and get on my return flight.

I will be travelling with one carry-on and no checked bags, so I should save some time there.

Any of you experienced Vegasers have any feedback or suggestions about my plan? This is a first trip for me.

2. spicole

spicole No shirt, no shoes... NO DICE!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your itinerary and times seem reasonable to me. 2 hours is more than plenty with a carry-on.

The Tropicana is a very short cab ride from McCarran, probably $13 or less. It's up to you to decide if your time is worth the extra money or not.

You may be able to check in when you arrive. I have checked in before noon at some properties.

Halloween should be a great weekend for a Vegas Virgin!!!

3. matguy

matguy High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Generally I'd say that getting out of McCarran with no checked bags is pretty fast, like it shouldn't take you more than 20 minutes, even on a busy day. But to get to Terminal 3 you go through Concourse D (which is not a Terminal, *shrug*) That's still pretty quick. What I'm getting at is you'll be sitting or standing around for a good chunk of that 75 minutes, if not most of it.

Regardless of what I said in the first paragraph, the hour and 57 minutes to get back is good. Yes, you'll be sitting around a lot, but McCarran doesn't mess around with being late to check in. Unless you're pre-checked in you have to be there and checked in previous to 45 minutes before your flight. They won't even talk to you with less than 45 minutes before your flight. So, if you're taking public transportation, double plan ahead for possible failures (which happen). And getting through security can take a while.

4. clickpopboom

clickpopboom Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Spicole- For some reason I just don't like taxis. It may be partly due to calling a cab in Laramie WY once that ended up being some toothless ....interesting.... fellow driving an 80s Crown Vic with about 70% of its paint intact. Had to get in on the driver's side because the passenger door was stuck shut. Car almost died at every stop....

Matguy- I'm hoping I will have enough time to grab a drink or 4 before I get on the bus. Is there a bar open that time of morning that is near the WAX stop?

5. jimboguy

jimboguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You don't need to go to Terminal 3 to catch the WAX. The WAX stops at Terminal 1 as well.

6. matguy

matguy High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe, I'm pretty sure there are bars in Terminal 3, but I have no idea if they're open that early. It wouldn't surprise me, though, it is Vegas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.