1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

CET property restaurants suggestions?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by vegasloverfromatl, Oct 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vegasloverfromatl

vegasloverfromatl Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi all!

We are annual Vegas goers and go every year in the fall. Our next trip is this Saturday and I am so excited!! I also have the Harrahs Visa and spend on it a couple of months leading up to our trip and use it monthly so I don't lose my reward credits. I have about $250 to spend and want to know where you like to eat at CET properties. We are staying at Paris but like to gamble at all the properties (except won't go to Rio) We have never eaten at Planet Hollywood and have never even been there so maybe would like to take a trip over there. Any suggestions there? I will tell you where we usually eat and if you could give me any other suggestions on good places with price ranges, I would so appreciate it! We may splurge one night for a steak dinner (which would deplete our rewards) but also like to keep our business there anyway. Probably not up for buffets but if we were, we would probably do Paris.

We have eaten at:

Caesars-

Bacchanal (was awesome- had the 24 hr buffet pass from last years signing up for Harrahs Card)
    Mesa Grill (loved that too)
    That little restaurant across from check in- that's just ok and we usually only eat there if we are staying there.

Paris-

Buffet
    Mon ami gabi
    Burger Brasserie- we love that place!

Harrahs-

Their burger place is good

Never have eaten at Flamingo, Quad, Planet Hollywood, Ballys- any suggestions at these?

How about The Cromwell? I know there's Giadas. Not sure if I want to bother.

Would love to hear your favorite places. Thanks!!

Justine

2. Dr Nostron

Dr Nostron VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The strip house at PH is very good!!

3. Dr Nostron

Dr Nostron VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also Joes at CP and Gordon Ramsey at Paris!!

4. vegasloverfromatl

vegasloverfromatl Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ah yes! We have eaten at Joe's as well. It was very good. You gave me two very good steak place options if we want to spend $$$$. How about some middle of the road price places?

5. Darvin

Darvin Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gordon Ramsay has burGR at Planet Hollywood, very good. I have never read anything good about the Tropical Breeze Cafe in Flamingo, but have a BLT there at least once every trip and enjoy it every time, lots of bacon and cheap. Also, Harrah's buffet is fairly cheap and really good food.

6. vsop

vsop VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A nice rib eye steak can be had at BLT Steak....next door to Paris, at Bally's.....you will probably use up the RCs, but the quality and service there is top shelf....

7. vegaslisa

vegaslisa Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ruth Chris Steak house at Harrahs is great and you can use RC points. It has a great happy hour and food in the bar and cant beat the view. I do not think you can use RC points anymore at Mon Ami Gabi which we love to go to for lunch on the patio. We went to Giada's Labor Day weekend and everyone loved it.

8. LindaP

LindaP Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We used to love the Burger Brasserie too, but it has really gone down since they changed the menu. I have not seen a good review since the change.

- Linda in TX

9. newmans

newmans VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you like Japanese, I like Koi at PH. I also like the short ribs at BLT Steak in Bally's. Martorano's finally opened in Paris and we enjoyed dinner there. The eggplant stack and meatball appetizers were excellent.

10. HuskerBB

HuskerBB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have used reward credits a couple times at Voodoo Steak at Rio and enjoyed it. I would consider it a middle of the road steak place - but with the best view in Vegas IMO.

11. gradytripp

gradytripp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with this! Although the praise for GR BurGR is not universal, I've enjoyed it every time. Of note: the parmesan truffle fries and amazing jalapeno poppers. Good shakes, nice beer/cider selection. Next time we might not even get a burger, to be honest--although they are very good. Lines can be long--we've lucked out by showing up at 11:00 and there's been almost no line.

Other places we've eaten and enjoyed, using reward credits:

The Creperie, on the walkway between Paris and Bally's. Tasty! $10-$12 for a good-sized, tasty crepe.

Tequila Bar at Bally's. $2 margaritas and beers, a huge $16 nacho tray that could feed four or five easily.

Planet Dailies at Planet Hollywood: their 24 hour diner place. Good, not fancy, but good. Breakfast food was very solid; if you're paying with RCs I'd recommend not getting the low-price specials ($6 French toast or whatever). The slightly more expensive stuff was much better.

Recommended to avoid: Nosh at Bally's. A very unappealing sandwich that I just had to toss in the garbage before heading over the the Creperie.

12. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tops - MonAmi

Others
    Mesa
    Gordon Ramseys at Paris, or pub at Caesars

We did not like Burger place at PH- Hot and Noisy.

13. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Personally I would probably use the $250 towards GR Steak! Though, if your trip is next week you probably can't get in.

For a curveball.. I was in Vegas 2 weeks ago and we ate at Ruth Chris at Harrah's. We were like really Dad!? Ruth Chris!? Since we have them at home.. but it was SO GOOD exceeded every expectation we had. Better than I remember it being at home even. Can't deny how good their sizzling steaks are! Also a nice view up there of the strip. Makes it less stuffy.

I think GR Burgr is a must try, the side dishes there.. so good. Truffle fries and jalapeño poppers yum! I've been 4 or 5 times now, that has kind of become my burger joint in Vegas.

Haven't been but I would probably check out Guy Fieri's as well at Giada's.

I feel like I'd rather have 5, $50 meals than one good $250 meal.

14. Aces and Eights

Aces and Eights VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think that Mon Ami Gabi ever took RCs. They're an independent lessee of the space at Paris and not part of the TR system. However, I do love eating in their al fresco terrace, especially for brunch. And their prices are reasonable compared to many upscale Vegas dining establishments.

15. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
  16. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MAG does not accept comps but you can go to the TR desk & get a comp voucher to use there....solving that problem.... I agree with some others and would do several fun meals instead of one $250. MAG / Margaritaville / Guy Fieri's / BurGR.......all are no misses for us with exception of Guy's...will be new for us next trip!

17. jackincols

jackincols Guest

I'll second Ruths Chris at Harrahs. We were disappointed to see The Range fold, but Ruths Chris has filled the void quite nicely. Another joint that doesn't get much play......The All American Bar & Grill at Rio. I've eaten there at least a dozen times and have not had a bad dinner there yet. Also at Rio, Buzios for great seafood, but I found the chairs quite uncomfortable.

18. sciesla

sciesla Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone eaten at Center Cut at the Flamingo? Your opinions please

19. jackincols

jackincols Guest

I haven't, but a friend of mine has a few times and loves it.

20. Aaron5

Aaron5 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At CET properties my favorites are

Steak

Strip House (PHo), Great. I usually sit in the lounge, find it more comfortable.

BLT (Bally’s) is good for happy hour appetizers in the bar. The popovers are great.

Value alternatives

Serendipity 3 (Caesars) I think the menu is good with a lot of choices. My favorites are the chicken strips and pepperoni stuffed chicken parmesan.

Hash House A Go-Go (Quad/Linq) Good meals for the price.

PF Changs (PHo) You know what you are going to get.

Hope this helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.