1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Golden Gate - Resort Fee?

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by Droyus, Oct 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Droyus

Droyus Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For a while now, whenever I plot a reservation on the Golden Gate website, the resort fee total has been displayed as $0.00. When I checked back tonight the resort fee counter was removed entirely from the section which tallies the reservation total and tax.

However, the fine print in their Terms & Conditions clearly states that a resort fee of $20 per night will be applied. But this fee is no longer being calculated along with the cost of the room and tax.

Can anybody confirm whether or not the Golden Gate is still charging this BS resort fee? Or did they do the right thing and stop charging it?

2. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If they did the "right thing" then the room would cost you $20 more then what is listed and you would pay for wifi.

3. reedy

reedy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

I'm booked for Nov and it states on my email that a $20 per night resort fee will be charged upon check in.

Right in the cabbage patch.............

4. Droyus

Droyus Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks. So it looks like they've simply decided to stop including their resort fee in the initial room/tax calculation, hope that nobody reads their fine print, and spring it on guests when they check in. Nice and sneaky. I won't be staying here.

5. melbedewy

melbedewy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Smart move. Give your business to 4 Queens, Fremont, MSS and the Cal and tell them on check in you are there because of no resort fee.

6. Droyus

Droyus Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A lack of resort fees is one of the big reasons that I stay at Boyd properties. Good video blackjack at the bars is another big plus.

7. Droyus

Droyus Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Exactly! Just add that stupid extra "fee" to the nightly room rate and quit being sneaky about it. Most people have no need for the services that the resort fee allegedly covers...especially in-room phone calls.

8. Nick61

Nick61 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That high of a resort fee, is unusual for property that offers no fitness center.

I like to workout in Vegas, to burn some of the 10 million buffet calories. Also gambling in and of itself can cause stress. I find a good workout helps out a lot, to relieve some of that stress.

9. reedy

reedy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    To be clear. It is added in before you book/reserve. So i wouldn't call it hidden. It just doesn't pop up until the last step off booking.

10. Criminole

Criminole Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are comped rooms charged the resort fee? Still would be a cheap room but hoping not to have to pay anything.

11. mkcoroner

mkcoroner Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ...I've stayed at CET properties on the Strip...comped room cost me the resort fee + tax (on said resort fee)...I've also stayed at several properties DT and their comped rooms were truly comped...no resort fees...final bill: $0

12. LoveDowntownVegas

LoveDowntownVegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not at the Golden Gate.

13. retro

retro Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Usually a comped room includes comped resort fee. It really amazes me that downtown charges so much for the resort fee when the resort has so little to offer. GN has the nicest resort and one of the smallest fees (of those charging one). Other than wifi (and gorgeous girls), what do you get for your resort fee @ the gate (never mind, I answered my own question)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.