1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Anyone been to any of the SLS Restaurants?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by CinnamintStick, Sep 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CinnamintStick

CinnamintStick High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was at SLS on there opening day last month. It was early in the day before most of the restaurants were open. But they looked interesting. Do we have any reviews?

2. pleepleus

pleepleus 2016 - The monkey is back

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Avoid the buffet and Ku Noodles.

We have Umami, 800 Degrees, Cleo, and Katsuya in LA so they are par for the course. Bazaar Meat is pretty damn amazing. It's just not cheap. I enjoyed my breakfast at The Griddle Cafe. The portions are enormous and pricing is reasonable.

3. USCHawks

USCHawks High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bazaar Meat looks awesome but I'd have to win quite a bit of money before I went there. There are so many things I'd want to try and it certainly isn't cheap.

4. worldtraveler661

worldtraveler661 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ya for Cali visitors, Umami, 800 deg, and Katsuya isnt new and are actually easy to go to here back home. They are solid restaurants and should stand on their own as good places to eat. Not extra ordinary but solid and you get what you pay for. Griddle Cafe is unique to the property and seems like an overall good place.

5. Sam D

Sam D Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Griddle Cafe also had long established locations in L.A. and Washington DC before it opened at SLS.

6. worldtraveler661

worldtraveler661 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ya I forgot there was a location off Sunset Blvd. I didnt mean that it was only the only one. But still it doesnt have numerous locations like Umami, Katsuya and 800deg, which are within reach of more people due to many locations.

7. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been to SLS three times now at different times of the day. The restaurants are very good and are busy on weekends and during other peak load times. During the week in the day time the wait at the Griddle Café was minimal (the Banana pancakes are a must-have).

Bill

8. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I walked around the SLS on a Thursday morning a few weeks ago, got my Code card and wanted to have breakfast. I was there about 9 a.m. and though the Griddle Cafe was pretty full, being a solo, I was able to go right to the small U shaped counter at the back of the place. One fella was working the inside of the counter and several others doing things for the area from the outside of it. I was kinda ignored for a bit, as the inside guy continued a conversation with a couple of other servers, but I was in no hurry and was "taking the place in." The fella walks over to me and kinda just stood there looking at me, so I said, "how 'bout a menu?" and he goes, "oh... yeah, that would help." He asked if I'd like anything to drink, and I ordered some orange juice. I then noticed he was kind of a breakfast bartender too and making breakfast-related cocktails for lots of the other patrons. I had a meeting to attend, so stuck with the orange-juice.

I ordered a waffle and a side of bacon. Both arrived in a reasonable time-frame. The food was placed in front of me and the server ran off... I then had to try to get the chatty fella on the inside's attention, as I didn't have any utensils. Once I flagged him down, he gave someone the hi-sign behind me who popped-up with the napkin and utensils. The bacon was outstanding, thick, flat and really good. The waffle was weird... almost cake-like in it's consistency. I didn't care for it, but it was plenty edible and I finished it... just wouldn't order it again.

In watching and listening to those around me, they clientele seemed happy with their food and service.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.