1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Hello Vegas! See you soon....

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by wellwood, Sep 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wellwood

wellwood Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi! I'm from Toronto and I will be heading to Vegas for the first time at the end of the month! Cant wait to enjoy all the exciting things that Vagas has to offer :beer:

Feel free to leave me any tips and suggestions that might come in handy :p

2. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome to the board!! 1st trip is sooooo exciting! Good luck and let us know where you are staying & we can try to offer some suggestions. Please post any questions too. :)

3. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ditto on all this. Especially the part about the first trip!

4. wellwood

wellwood Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

Thanks :) I'm staying at the Stratosphere . My Trip is Sunday to Thursday. I heard the area is a bit sketchy, should I be concerned?

5. Piggylane

Piggylane Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not a place to walk around and distances are very deceiving in Las Vegas. Let's say you want to walk down to see the fountains at Bellagio (recommended). The stratosphere is easily seen from there. That's a 4.7 km walk! About an hour or so. Closer to 8 km and two hours because you've got to go in and out, up and down, grab a few things to drink, stop and see things. I've done it.

Your best bet is either a cab or a bus to the Strip (South) or Fremont Street (North) or if you're driving, well then you'll be fine! You cannot hail a cab on the strip, it's illegal for them to pick you up anywhere other than at the hotel taxi stand. The buses that run up and down the strip are convenient, cheap and crowded at times. Traffic can be slow. Think the QEW at rush hour! Yes, I've been to Toronto. Love your city and tolerate your traffic with a smile!

Lots of good money saving ideas from the message board members, look through the archives. Buy water in the stores, it's way cheaper than at the hotel. Don't buy water from the "entrepreneurs" on the bridges. They buy it from the store for $3.99 a case and sell it for $1 a bottle. They have been known to dumpster dive, get empty bottles, refill them with tap water and resell again. A real health hazard!

Unless you want to have a "bowling pin" experience, do not jaywalk. Anywhere. Wait for the light. People get hit on a frequent basis. Accidents occur when drivers almost hit people. The biggest offenders seem to be the early morning joggers. I saw one go over a ladie's hood one day. The Metro cop 10 feet away was not amused. After determining the guy wasn't hurt he handcuffed him!

Use basic commonsense and you'll be fine. I often find myself in the "bad" areas as part of my professional career. Never had an issue. I doubt you will either! I return on October 3 for 9 days and am looking forward to some relaxation and excitement. The city is full of both!

While you are having fun, win some money! Yeah, right now ours isn't worth as much as yours but what the heck, take a bunch home!

6. Beach Crazy

Beach Crazy Hostess With the Mostess

Great advice for you already and your first trip is sooo exciting. Hope you will love it as much as the rest of us here. Good luck, enjoy and welcome to the board. September/October is a beautiful time of year for a visit.

7. alpiner

alpiner Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you are over 50 be sure & go to the Orleans for Young At Heart Day . Swipe your slot card & get specials for over 50 age group . If its your birth month you get to pop a balloon on the kiosk .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.