1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Anyone go to a concert solo?

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by da1chifan, Sep 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jimmy Buffett is in town the day I arrive in Vegas (at MGM Grand Arena). This is my first 100% solo trip. Would it be sad and pathetic if I went by myself? I have always wanted to see him but it has never worked out.

Just thought I'd see if anyone else had any experience with going to a concert in Vegas solo.

2. newmans

newmans VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I do a lot of things solo in Vegas that I wouldn't do at home. Getting a Last minute single ticket shouldn't be too hard.
    Go ahead and go on your own!

3. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I see 6-7 shows per trip and im always solo, only thing i dont like like are venues with seated tables but in an arena setting its great and much easier to get a good seat

4. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh yes, saw Steely Dan solo. It was a great night! And, you might get lucky with the Heineken Girls like I did.

http://www.royalflushervegas.com/2013/08/partying-with-steely-dan-and-heineken.html

5. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks everyone! I bought the ticket! I could have gotten a floor seat for $225 something, but opted for the aisle seat in Section 5 for $125. I'm happy with that.

I am excited! One more thing to cross off the bucket list - Jimmy Buffett in Vegas! :thumbsup:

6. golfnut

golfnut Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last year I went to this concert alone and had a blast. If there is one place were it is easy to make friends a jimmy buffett concert is it. I was also nervous about going solo but once I got there and started mingeling it was no problem. Have fun and maybe we will see you there

7. The Stig

The Stig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been to shows solo and it doesn't bother me I always ended up chatting to whoever is sat next to me pre show, I wouldn't worry about it and I would guess you wouldn't be the only person going solo

8. Packer

Packer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Its all about your mindset. Im going to Rod Stewart at Geezers this weekend by myself. Have gone by myself before and fun. It is what it is and I will make the best of it. Should be fun. You have a good time too!

9. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've gone to tons of concerts solo, both in Vegas and here in NYC. If it's someone you want to see, go for it. Better to experience them live than to miss it.

10. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would love to see Rod Stewart too! Have fun!!!! And thanks!

11. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Exactly!

12. amk121

amk121 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree, I have seen shows and concerts solo and there is nothing wrong with that- I hope you have fun!

13. Matty Ice

Matty Ice High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll be in Vegas 10/25 and going to Jimmy Buffett solo. I did buy 2 Floor seats just in case i meet a friend. :wink2:

I'm looking forward to the pre-party almost as much as the concert itself.:beer:

Have a great trip!

14. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did that Vegas concert weekend trip in 2012 with my brother, but I went to the concerts by myself. Saturday seen Eagles at MGM and Sunday saw Guns N Roses at Hard Rock. Noone pays attention to if you're with anyone or not.

15. mrem3200

mrem3200 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never in Vegas but I have been to plenty of concerts by myself. Never had a bad time.

16. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Uh-huh, about 10 years ago, and had a GREAT time. I flew out solo to see a Scorps and Tesla concert at what was then still Aladdin. I met a couple out there, but we could not get seats together. One of the best concerts I can remember.

Yeah, yeah, I know you're not supposed to take these ... :)

[​IMG]

17. Wezvidz

Wezvidz High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll be at 2 of the 3 Phish shows over Halloween @ MGM, both solo. Got better seats that way before all 3 nights quickly sold out, and it's more fun for me this way. If I meet some nice friends around me, great. If I happen to take something that makes me see the walls melting and I want to leave early, I'm not disappointing anyone with me. Win win!

18. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You will love it. You will never find a more congenial group than the Parrotheads. Don't be afraid to dress up in your tropical shirt, sandals, grass skirt, cheeseburger hat, whatever. EVERYBODY dresses up at the Vegas show.

19. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Concert somewhere else alone...I don't think so. Any kind of show in Vegas alone...no problem. Be open and friendly and you'll make new friends.

20. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have seen Tower of Power 4 times in LV at various venues. ( and some other shows as well). I don't have a problem with going solo, never have never will. Go and enjoy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.